SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I got my vehicle tax / registration renewal ... and after driving for 20-months, and 18K-miles, it appreciated by > $5,000.

Time to sell? LoL.

Maybe theyre including the mods I picked-up in this forum.
Sponsored

Pigpen

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
I got my vehicle tax / registration renewal ... and after driving for 20-months, and 18K-miles, it appreciated by > $5,000.

Time to sell? LoL.

Maybe theyre including the mods I picked-up in this forum.
Vehicle tax? Yearly? Never heard of such a thing. My only cost in Tennessee is approximately $70 yearly for license plate renewal/registration. No emissions testing, no inspection, no government estimating vehicle’s worth. I saw you were in Ky., looked up Ky. tax laws. 6% yearly is bullshit. Hell, we don’t even have an income tax here.

OP
OP
SWUKU

SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Vehicle tax? Yearly? Never heard of such a thing. My only cost in Tennessee is approximately $70 yearly for license plate renewal/registration. No emissions testing, no inspection, no government estimating vehicle’s worth. I saw you were in Ky., looked up Ky. tax laws. 6% yearly is bullshit. Hell, we don’t even have an income tax here.
I agree Jon!
And you have the Ryman ... great city / great state.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Over here in North Carolina I paid $57.
And nothing more.
Plus my auto insurance is starting to go down like it always does as a new vehicle Deprecates.
They post no value.
Sounds like the tag/tax office is in bed with the car dealers.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
Virginia has personal property tax. The rates vary based on your locality. My BS was valued just under what I paid for it in Feb of 2021. I actually thought that was low.

Years ago I leased a new Lexus NX. Paid the first year's bill, 2nd years bill comes and it's way higher. Since it's a leased car I never got the actual tax paperwork. Made a few phone calls and found out that for the first year Fairfax County appraised me at the base price when in reality I had $10k worth of options on it. Never hung up the phone faster in my life :D

SapphireCat

Big Bend
First Name
Catie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Wait...there are states where you pay a tax just for owning a vehicle, and you pay it every year???
In Colorado there is. Plus the fees for bridges, roads, registration, license plate selection...

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CharlesBianco.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport, 2015 Z51 Corvette
In Colorado there is. Plus the fees for bridges, roads, registration, license plate selection...
Wow, my mind is blown!

I do get the fees for bridges and registration and license plate selection though, we have those also, just can't imagine paying every year for a car that I only purchased one time...

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
In PA we pay sales tax when buying a car and then we pay a registration fee yearly about 65 dollars. All done at that point.

Ford Bronco Sport Vehicle Tax & Registration 8774C5A9-1B82-4E22-94CF-C6997B0A7E4C

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Just wait until y’all see what those in California pay. The yearly renewal is prohibitive down there.

SapphireCat

Big Bend
First Name
Catie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Wow, my mind is blown!

I do get the fees for bridges and registration and license plate selection though, we have those also, just can't imagine paying every year for a car that I only purchased one time...
Yeah it's good times:
Ford Bronco Sport Vehicle Tax & Registration 1668053743690

Regardless of when you buy the vehicle in CO the taxable value is based off the original MSRP. Then you get your fees. You can deduct the ownership tax on your federal income tax return, but not the fees. I've only ever registered vehicles in CO and NH, and don't remember NH being particularly pricy (those were a county fee and a state fee and I remember you had to write two checks back in the day haha).

SapphireCat

Big Bend
First Name
Catie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Just wait until y’all see what those in California pay. The yearly renewal is prohibitive down there.
Does Cali tax every year? I've been told the first year can be costly but after that isn't absurd (we were discussing Colorado fees at the time).

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Everywhere back east just charges a flat registration fee each year. It wasn't until I moved to Arizona that I felt like I was being punished yearly for owning a car. Check out the Vehicle License Tax:

Ford Bronco Sport Vehicle Tax & Registration Screenshot_20221110-070945_Office~2

Without the VLT, I'd be paying just a few bucks a year to renew. With the VLT, I paid $650 when I bought the car and will pay almost $600 again next year. Can't wait to move to NC in March. This place is nuts.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Everywhere back east just charges a flat registration fee each year. It wasn't until I moved to Arizona that I felt like I was being punished yearly for owning a car. Check out the Vehicle License Tax:

Ford Bronco Sport Vehicle Tax & Registration Screenshot_20221110-070945_Office~2

Without the VLT, I'd be paying just a few bucks a year to renew. With the VLT, I paid $650 when I bought the car and will pay almost $600 again next year. Can't wait to move to NC in March. This place is nuts.
It looks like CA is rubbing off.
Sponsored