Power Man

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Escape, Mustang, Fiesta,
I may have to do this...I have a 160 decibel train horn in my 69 Bronco. I have it hooked to the steering wheel button. It gets their attention.
Sponsored

she

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru outback
Whatever floats your boat!! As long as no humans were hurt and maybe a few raccoons scattered away. Enjoy!

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
In case anybody was wondering, this is possible and I regret nothing. Kit from hornblasters, rhino 3 liter.

Ford Bronco Sport Train horns, baby!! 4164D0A6-EDDA-4282-BB9C-0B29F32D9905

Ford Bronco Sport Train horns, baby!! 36F860E7-CB2E-422D-A6B2-2345091EB876

Ford Bronco Sport Train horns, baby!! 518F2651-64E2-4DED-880E-D97A3E6B23D7

It is way louder than I expected in person haha. this is a test I did before I mounted everything.

???

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1970 T-Bird, 1972 T-Bird
WOW!!!! Very impressive!!! I've always wanted a train horn. Years ago I tried the typical cheap "auto parts store air horn" in a Lincoln Mark V and it was rather anemic so I never bothered with it again. It sounds like you got the real thing!!

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
WOW!!!! Very impressive!!! I've always wanted a train horn. Years ago I tried the typical cheap "auto parts store air horn" in a Lincoln Mark V and it was rather anemic so I never bothered with it again. It sounds like you got the real thing!!
This setup also has an extra port for use with an air hose... Fill tires, air mattress, water toys, run pneumatic tools. It's very useful besides being loud.
Ford Bronco Sport Train horns, baby!! PXL_20210921_180832815

Johnny Mo

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati XDiavel, 23 Bronco Raptor
@RaffaUSMC How are you triggering the horn? Steering wheel? You said you ran 2 different circuits - I was planning on doing similar for mine - but was going to use a 5pin relay to switch between factory horn and air horn. When I rang out my horn wire it was showing 9.8 volts and then went to 12.4 with steering wheel pressed. I was concerned it was goin thru canbus and it would create some sort of error code. Seems like it should be simple enough to tap off the horn wire and run both at same time vs cutting up the harness etc. Would love to pick your brain on it a bit more for some details before I take the front end apart again and decide better to do it another day.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I guy I work with has train horns on his Silverado, it's funny to hear them in a novel situation when you know who the audience is.
I could not imagine using them during any normal driving condition, the sound is more than startling and could be considered dangerous.

67L48

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350, 2023 BS BL
Is this even legal?
It's no less legal than every horn on a semi truck. States generally have a generic law around excessive noise of horns, but they're usually ambiguously written and there aren't different horn laws that govern passenger vehicles and tractor trailers. It's sort of like the generic "disturbing the peace" laws that kind of allow LEOs to arrest a person for sort of anything ... horn volume laws/ordinances most likely make train horns illegal to use ... but no different than a Kenworth's horns.

But, beyond horn volume, one needs to consider horn usage.

Most states have incredibly restrictive laws on horn use overall (and they can be quite surprisingly rigid). Many have laws where you can only use horns in the case of imminent crash. That is, you can't use your horn because you're angry at another driver, you can't use horns to signal a distracted driver to proceed through a light, you can't use a horn to say hi to your neighbor, you can't use your horn to get someone's (driver or pedestrian) attention, you can't use your horn to signal a lane change (like they do in many non-US countries), and so on.

Good luck.

Bamsi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
In case anybody was wondering, this is possible and I regret nothing. Kit from hornblasters, rhino 3 liter.

Ford Bronco Sport Train horns, baby!! 4164D0A6-EDDA-4282-BB9C-0B29F32D9905

Ford Bronco Sport Train horns, baby!! 36F860E7-CB2E-422D-A6B2-2345091EB876

Ford Bronco Sport Train horns, baby!! 518F2651-64E2-4DED-880E-D97A3E6B23D7

It is way louder than I expected in person haha. this is a test I did before I mounted everything.

Love it man!

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
If you have horns that acutally emulate the sound and volume of train horns like a work mate of mine has, the sound is completely different from the sound of semi truck horns. I know it seems like it would be crazy funny, what If someone came up on you or your unsupecting family or some older persons and blast a train horn and something bad were to happen, I dont think you'd find it so fun anymore,. Ive done lots crazy things, you'll find there is a time and place.
Sponsored