Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Your right, maybe I'll let the sales crooks quote a trade in. Maybe....
Sellers market today, trade in values up 30% real-time .Dealers need products now.If you are holding a decent trade in like I had ,2017 Lincoln, they gave me 20,000 for it on March 11, today it would be somewhere around 23/24000 the car was right 14,500 miles like new. So I would give them a shot ,get a number from them ,costs you nothing .
Sponsored

Dbcamp

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your right, maybe I'll let the sales crooks quote a trade in. Maybe....
Ya doesn’t hurt to try. Dealerships are in the business of maximizing profits and we are trying to maximize the sale or trade in value of our used car. Nothing wrong with either as long as dishonesty or dirty tricks are not involved. Savings from sales tax by applying negotiated trade in value to down payment can be an important part of the equation. In my zip code tax on car purchase is 5%. So if my dealers trade in offer is within or at least close to 5% of quotes I have received from Carmax or other dealers then I will trade in. I have had good luck selling cars on my own in the past but will most likely avoid that headache this go around. Crazy times and more scam artists coming out of the woodwork to be on guard against. Plus I will get more now selling to a dealer or trading in that I could have hoped to get three months ago selling to a private party.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Sellers market today
Used car prices nuts. I am glad I am not in the market for a used car. Crazy high prices.

Reactions: Jrl

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Lot of people are speculating used cars prices are going to be going even higher then they are right now.
I agree. And this sucks as my old 04 escape is not going to hold up for years to come. It's not worth putting money in.
So I need a second beater AWD or 4x4. It's gonna cost me.

lbjailer

First Edition
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 F150 Lariat 4X4, Bronco Sport First Edition
I agree. And this sucks as my old 04 escape is not going to hold up for years to come. It's not worth putting money in.
So I need a second beater AWD or 4x4. It's gonna cost me.
I feel I totally got lucky. Even though I paid sticker. I got $710 off which I guess was some form of rebates, financing was .09% too which is nice. Those who put money down on a build should be locked in for the amount listed on your build. If there was special financing included with your build that should be honored as well. I'm happy with my bronco as I was getting tired of shifting gears manually, specially in rush hour traffic on a hill. Took it on a good off-road 20 mile trail and it performed decently. Still curious if they only built 2000 of the First Editions since that is what I ended up with.

FirsandFire

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Yeah, my Ford dealer wanted me to trade in even though I had a couple people lined up for a private sale on my 2017 Tacoma. The dealer ended up paying me $1400 less for it than I originally bought it for. I wasn't complaining as It saved me tax and I walked out the door with a check in my pocket.

Midgiesbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Got our best deal from the Ford dealer. Traded at 2017 Mazda CX3, fwd only but a grand touring with 72K. Dealer gave us $12,800, it's on their lot for 16K. Carmax was the second best at 11K, most other dealers ranged from 9-10K. Our dealer used KBG, not NADA and it was in perfect shape, no re-painted panels, scratches, rim scuff's and had about 10K on tires. I gave them an OEM air filter and oil filter along with oem wiper blade re-fills for front and rear as well as un-used floor mat's. It's been on there lot for over 30 days now still same price
Sponsored