Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 FX2
I drove Cyber Orange Badlands 4 door soft top today--

Not a fan of the windshield angle and size, too small. I absolutely loved the trail sites, even great for navigating narrow streets. Handles like a dream, took it through a neighborhood that curves every 2-3 houses, no lean at all. Dana axles, hell yes. I definitely like the CO interior trim with the black interior. Very surprised the seat pockets don't have zippers like the Sport. Vinyl floor versus carpet is awesome. I wish the Sport had the one-touch up and down windows. It definitely needed nerf bars, I'm 5'4" and was a bit of a climb to get in. Dash arrangement is nice, especially since the 12" display is recessed. Rear door windows not having a frame is worrisome, could see breakage issues. Big tires are outstanding but loud at higher speeds. The 2.3 has wicked acceleration, but I think a Bronco should have a V8. I like the swing out tailgate. Rear storage was full of accessories: the door bags, floor mats, couple other things.

After this drive, I will stay loyal to my Kodiak Brown Big Bend Sport. I think Ford can definitely share more features between the 2 variants of the Bronco and have the ultimate off-roaders.
Sponsored

OP
OP
FirsandFire

FirsandFire

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

Not a fan of the windshield angle and size, too small. I absolutely loved the trail sites, even great for navigating narrow streets. Handles like a dream, took it through a neighborhood that curves every 2-3 houses, no lean at all. Dana axles, hell yes. I definitely like the CO interior trim with the black interior. Very surprised the seat pockets don't have zippers like the Sport. Vinyl floor versus carpet is awesome. I wish the Sport had the one-touch up and down windows. It definitely needed nerf bars, I'm 5'4" and was a bit of a climb to get in. Dash arrangement is nice, especially since the 12" display is recessed. Rear door windows not having a frame is worrisome, could see breakage issues. Big tires are outstanding but loud at higher speeds. The 2.3 has wicked acceleration, but I think a Bronco should have a V8. I like the swing out tailgate. Rear storage was full of accessories: the door bags, floor mats, couple other things.

After this drive, I will stay loyal to my Kodiak Brown Big Bend Sport. I think Ford can definitely share more features between the 2 variants of the Bronco and have the ultimate off-roaders.
I agree with almost everything you said. I wish I got to check out the vinyl floor. If I were to get a big bronco, Iā€™d 100% want the vinyl.

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Nice thanks for sharing the pics!! I love the cyber orange in person, and I just couldnā€™t do the soft topā€¦ Iā€™ll wait until they get the hardtop situation figured out

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL

I wish the Sport had the one-touch up and down windows.

Rear storage was full of accessories: the door bags, floor mats, couple other things.

After this drive, I will stay loyal to my Kodiak Brown Big Bend Sport.
I can only see so much in those pictures, but one thing I see compared to my Cyber Orange, is that it looks like the paint is much better on the big one. One complaint I have is how much under spray mine has in the door jabs, and the engine bay. That one is a solid ORANGE on the firewall and inner fenders and behind the door panel.

My Sport has 1 touch up and down. Maybe that's a trim level thing, or maybe it can be Forscan'ed in??

The storage on these rides is insane. I have cubbies and compartments all over the place. I might need a map to find some stuff because it's a heck of a list. Glove Compartment, two console cubbies, console armrest, console sidepocket, molle bags, seatpocket, zipper pouches, underseat, over the visor, cargo cubbies, under the cargo deck...

I didn't drive the big one, but I looked at it. I'm a former Big Bronco shopper and I'm so glad I have the Sport. The big one is an outdoor vehicle that can be an irresponsible daily driver. The Sport is a daily driver / grocery getter than can get outside on the weekend. That's much more a fit to my lifestyle than the other option and it keeps and evokes a lot of the style and design elements of the full size.

I'm really curious about one thing- the seats. If anyone has a chance to see both together, I would love to see a measurement of the seat bottoms and backs. The design is so similar on both but something about the big Bronco seats looks like they're bigger and better bolstered. Are they the same frame or not?

zjc26138

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.astrobin.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So a local dealer had a big Bronco in stock. Silver, soft top, smaller engine, and a manual. Sticker was 38 per the internet.
I call and talk to someone and they tell me to come test drive it. I get called the next day to confirm Iā€™m still coming on Saturday to test drive. I say yes. Nothing more is said.

I drive 50 minutes to the dealer and the sales guy says ā€œnope, you cannot test drive it. We canā€™t have people put miles on it.ā€

Im highly upset at this point but I still check it out. I love how it looks in person. But both my wife and I said it wasnā€™t much of an upgrade in terms of size compared to the BS.
Also they wanted 48k for it. No thanks lol

Iā€™ll get a lift and new tires for the BS and be good.

DatWayMon

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I picked up my Sport on Tuesday and while I was there the sales manager told me about a full size Bronco at another dealership that had a sticker of $48k and it sold for $98k. I couldn't believe it but he assured me that the new owner paid $50k over sticker. He also said his dealership was getting one in the next couple of weeks and they have at least 12 people very interested. He said they expect to get at least $40k over sticker.

I live in Southern California and I'm use to people making cash offers over asking for homes, but I'd never seen it for a production vehicle. My saleswoman was from Russia and she said it's common in that part of the world that paying extra is a status symbol and that getting a good deal is looked upon as being cheap and/or poor. I don't know how true that is, but it's what I was told. She also said because of the production issues with the full size Broncos there is a scarcity that is translating to some buyers as exclusivity, which again they're willing to pay extra for.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
I agree with everything the OP said here, but I will point out that he drives a Big Bend BS, where the Outer Banks and Badlands trims do have 1 touch up and down like the Badlands Bronco he tested here.
While I love the Big Bronco, the Bronco Sport does it for us.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
The little windshield is to help it feel hummer like, big and bad visual look,feel. Ford R&D covers so much more than mech and body styles.
Sponsored