tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I thought I'd make a thread for the Texas Off-Roadeo so folks can see when people are going and maybe some forum members can meet up.

I'll be there 10/30, though I'm driving down on 10/29. I'm looking around for things to do on Friday, maybe hit some trails. If anyone out there is interested in meeting up and doing some exploring, let me know. We can tow each other out of sticky spots ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
tburner

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
How much more?
I'm not sure, but probably a decent chunk of change. It cost me about $450 to add my GF as a guest to my reservation. The Off-Roadeo website has a FAQ that confirms anyone can participate, though.

haroldqjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I'm not sure, but probably a decent chunk of change. It cost me about $450 to add my GF as a guest to my reservation. The Off-Roadeo website has a FAQ that confirms anyone can participate, though.
I tried to get to the point where I could see the cost but it wouldn’t let me get there

OP
OP
tburner

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I tried to get to the point where I could see the cost but it wouldn’t let me get there
Maybe they're limiting participation for a while to just BS BL/FE and Big Bronco owners/reservation holders. The FAQ indicates they'll add details for everyone else "soon".

Blakes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Received an email saying they’ve opened up some new Sunday slots for the off-roadeo, “from early afternoon until evening.” Did they shorten the amount of time? Seems like when i read about it a few months ago it was 1.5 days…. Anyone here attend recently?

OP
OP
tburner

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Received an email saying they’ve opened up some new Sunday slots for the off-roadeo, “from early afternoon until evening.” Did they shorten the amount of time? Seems like when i read about it a few months ago it was 1.5 days…. Anyone here attend recently?
When I went in October it was condensed from 1.5 days to a single day. We started early in the morning and went until dinner. I don't see how they could accomplish an early afternoon until evening schedule without cutting parts out or reducing the number of participants.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
When I went in October it was condensed from 1.5 days to a single day. We started early in the morning and went until dinner. I don't see how they could accomplish an early afternoon until evening schedule without cutting parts out or reducing the number of participants.
I just called right now and they said there is no program for Bronco Sport owners right now at all. You also can't register for the Off Roadeo trip with a "regular" Bronco unless you own one of them.

What an absolute crock of shit. I understand lots of things are not available because of the pandemic, but I feel like I was duped. Ford told me I would be able to attend this (for free, mind you) and I can't recall hearing anything from them about retiring the Bronco Sport program. I just get constant marketing emails to sign up for shit I can't actually register for. They sent me one this morning that they're now available on Sundays.

Ford Bronco Sport Texas Off-Roadeo QuickAstonishingImperatorangel-max-1mb

HUH?

Very poorly executed, Ford.

Blakes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Very disappointing!

shakeandbaker

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray BS Badlands, BMW 135i
I just called right now and they said there is no program for Bronco Sport owners right now at all. You also can't register for the Off Roadeo trip with a "regular" Bronco unless you own one of them.

What an absolute crock of shit. I understand lots of things are not available because of the pandemic, but I feel like I was duped. Ford told me I would be able to attend this (for free, mind you) and I can't recall hearing anything from them about retiring the Bronco Sport program. I just get constant marketing emails to sign up for shit I can't actually register for. They sent me one this morning that they're now available on Sundays.

Ford Bronco Sport Texas Off-Roadeo QuickAstonishingImperatorangel-max-1mb

HUH?

Very poorly executed, Ford.
I ran into the same thing, but was able to get into a regular Bronco Off-Roadeo day by requesting an exception. I called them up and asked them to put in an exception request. Heard back in a couple weeks that I could sign up for a regular Bronco Off-Roadeo day.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
I ran into the same thing, but was able to get into a regular Bronco Off-Roadeo day by requesting an exception. I called them up and asked them to put in an exception request. Heard back in a couple weeks that I could sign up for a regular Bronco Off-Roadeo day.
I didn't get the slightest hint that was an option. They were borderline rude about it.

I wanted to drive the big Bronco off road with instructors (I'm a novice) before ordering one, but now that's not really possible. Left a bad taste in my mouth and I doubt I'll order one now.

I'm happy you were able to get in at least.

NW Trail Marauder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I knew going into this the Sport wasn't going to get as much love and attention as its big brother, but dayum (this goes for aftermarket accessories, the Roadeo, etc.).

cubedtothex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I didn't get the slightest hint that was an option. They were borderline rude about it.

I wanted to drive the big Bronco off road with instructors (I'm a novice) before ordering one, but now that's not really possible. Left a bad taste in my mouth and I doubt I'll order one now.

I'm happy you were able to get in at least.
So was this a bait and switch tactic? I found out about this event from my dealer and the window sticker but now I'm reading that they are treating Bronco and Bronco Sport BL/FE owners differently? I was very confused by Hunter's email response saying BS event dates are available. I thought the experiences were the same where they had Broncos AND Sports to drive. Luckily I only wanted to go to the Texas location, but what gives?

I pointed out the emails I received about registration openings and he said that all registered users get the same emails.
Sponsored