Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
This would be much appreciated! I won't have enough time to do the whole trail. I used Google Maps to try to get an idea of what the highlights would be but that's obviously not a very effective way of going about it. Your map and notes would be far more useful!
For sure... ill try and get it done in the next day or two... wifes got a girls trip anyway so that means i dont have qny obligations im unaware of hahah
Sponsored

OP
OP
Reklussloth

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
here is the first part of the trip ... we didnt stick necessarily to the trail ... or this version ... but i can tell you from fredricksburg to rm783 is basically entirely paved road ... it IS some sort of oild school house trail ... and is a beautiful drive with some cool sites ... but it is basically a poorly kept, lightly trafficked, backroad... we went down to Doss so the wife could use the bathroom ...

Ford Bronco Sport Texas Hill Country IMG_0235

Ford Bronco Sport Texas Hill Country IMG_0236

Ford Bronco Sport Texas Hill Country IMG_0237

OP
OP
Reklussloth

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
this section goes to unpaved roads - there are a few water crossings and this part was rather enjoyable ... crosses the james river four times and the LLano twice i believe? -- not sure... there are plenty of ups and downs and rocky road ... lots of cattle guards the first photo is at one of the james river crossings you can actually play around a little here ( check out youtube and other sites to see what i mean) --- technically there is a "bridge" we didnt use it though hahaha - the 2nd two are Llano river crossings - *disclaimer hahah cross all water crossings at your own discretion ... i def. scouted the last one a little before we decided it was fine (gave the undercarriage a good wash) ... but use your best judgement...

Ford Bronco Sport Texas Hill Country Screenshot (3)

Ford Bronco Sport Texas Hill Country 20211015_144542

Ford Bronco Sport Texas Hill Country 20211015_150941

Ford Bronco Sport Texas Hill Country 20211015_153031

OP
OP
Reklussloth

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
https://tinyurl.com/fy4v7vwx

this is the actual route we took on the 2nd day/half - the navigation got kinda annoying the first day so that evening we set up a set of points to help keep it knowing our intentions ...

i personally really enjoyed this section and would recommend doing it if you have the time ... lots of little crossings ... photo op type areas ... we stopped at one and had breakfast (well - poptarts) --- the larger crossings being between tx 16 and 71 ... when we got to that road there was a blockade saying road closed -- nut it had been moved to the side and we figured worst case is we have to turn around ... but it had rained pretty good about a wk before and we decided that if it was raining pretty good --- a lot of those crossings would not be crossings ... (if you scroll to the top of thread the 2nd posting of photos (not the sunset) were actually from this section)

Last edited:

Fordfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT OB
Nice, my parents lived in Kerrville for 30 years and my grandparents in Medina for 40 years. I know this area well. Nice to see the familiar scenery. Now, 1300 miles north. I’d take the back way down from up north coming through Wichita Falls, Graham, Brownwood, Brady, Mason, Fredricksburg, ending in Kerrville.

Thanks for posting.
Wow brings back great memories for me…lived in Comfort TX when I was 19. It is beautiful country for sure…. Took many a trip to Kerrville and Fredericksburg for pizza!!…..that was 38 years ago…….gotta go back some day soon

OP
OP
Reklussloth

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
this is just a little side excursion we did after dinner that turned out to be a neat little detour -- -just north of Mason off 87 we hit Behrens (headed east -- and then north on Old katemcey mason - nothing super special just a neat little detour ... couple low areas runs next to some govt property - wildlife sanctuary or something -- not real sure - it was already past dusk so a good portion wasnt super well lit - but if youre there and have time i think it would be a fun area to explore even further ...

Ford Bronco Sport Texas Hill Country Screenshot (4)

Ford Bronco Sport Texas Hill Country Screenshot (5)

OP
OP
Reklussloth

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Wow brings back great memories for me…lived in Comfort TX when I was 19. It is beautiful country for sure…. Took many a trip to Kerrville and Fredericksburg for pizza!!…..that was 38 years ago…….gotta go back some day soon
canada to texas is a serious drive. hahahaha

OP
OP
Reklussloth

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
If you guys have any questions let me know and ill qnswer the best i can ... we do have a trip in planning stages around san marcos -- as well as checking out some places on texasescapes.com qnd bridgehunter.com. - both suggested by https://linktr.ee/lonestaroverland
or if you use ig @lonestaroverland

mindleak

Outer Banks
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Thanks for taking the time to put all that together @Reklussloth ! It's much appreciated.

I can't wait to check it out hopefully soon! :D

OP
OP
Reklussloth

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
No worries. What ill try to do in the future is that 2nd way where i just have a series of pin that plot a route ... really need to go ahead and upgrade the phone and get a gps app that tracks my routes ... anyway i hope it is useful or helpful in some way... look forward to you sharing your experience

OP
OP
Reklussloth

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I'm also interested. I suspect he drove part of this trail. I'm going to the Texas Off-Roadeo 10/30, but I'll be in the area on 10/29. I was considering hitting parts of the linked trail for funsies.
I expect some photos soon.
Sponsored