Surprise - my Badlands included Remote Start

olly12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Not sure if this has been covered already, but one minor suprise was that my Badlands included Remote Start even though I didn't get the Badlands Pkg. On the Build and Price, it clearly says standard only with OuterBanks and First Edition, available on Big Bend and Badlands with respective BB, BL package.

I do NOT have Badlands pkg and remote start works great from the app.
Sponsored

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
All models it seem have it from the app - my BB has it as well. The difference is that we do not get the keyfob with the remote start button on it.

That is another one of these ForScan things that can be investigated. I know on the F150s the owners needed to add a module and do some programming, but then they could hit LOCK - UNLOCK - LOCK on their keyfob and activate remote start.

OP
OP

olly12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
All models it seem have it from the app - my BB has it as well. The difference is that we do not get the keyfob with the remote start button on it.

That is another one of these ForScan things that can be investigated. I know on the F150s the owners needed to add a module and do some programming, but then they could hit LOCK - UNLOCK - LOCK on their keyfob and activate remote start.
Interesting good to know. Didn't realize there was a different keyfob if you got the package. I actually prefer the app over the key. I guess 'remote start' could be taken a couple ways, start remotely or literally from the remote ;)

Ultraspaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Interesting good to know. Didn't realize there was a different keyfob if you got the package. I actually prefer the app over the key. I guess 'remote start' could be taken a couple ways, start remotely or literally from the remote ;)
The Ford Pass app also works with Alexa voice commands. So I guess someone can start their Bronco 3 ways. Yes, I have warmed up the BS and defrosted it's windows from the comfort of my shower because why not? ?

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
so you can still start the bronco by phone app even though you didn't select the remote start option?

OP
OP

olly12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
so you can still start the bronco by phone app even though you didn't select the remote start option?
Yes. I was told any bronco sport has ability to lock, unlock, remote start from FordPass app, though i am curious if it applies to Base as that doesn't have push-button start. Apparently packages give you added ability to do that from key/remote as well. Definitely not clear on Ford site.

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
Yes. I was told any bronco sport has ability to lock, unlock, remote start from FordPass app, though i am curious if it applies to Base as that doesn't have push-button start. Apparently packages give you added ability to do that from key/remote as well. Definitely not clear on Ford site.
Ford is the only non-luxury automaker to offer complimentary remote features* to all customers with FordPass Connect (embedded modem). All 2021 model-year and newer Ford vehicles are equipped with FordPass Connect.

That is directly from Ford's FordPass site.

DeRocha

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Focus SES 5sp, 1993 Ford Explorer 4x4
The Ford Pass app also works with Alexa voice commands. So I guess someone can start their Bronco 3 ways. Yes, I have warmed up the BS and defrosted it's windows from the comfort of my shower because why not? ?
I like the way you roll ?

DeRocha

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Focus SES 5sp, 1993 Ford Explorer 4x4
That is good to know.. I really didn't want to spend $2600 for the Badlands Package on a Badlands model build just to get remote start capability.
Sponsored