altoblue

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Im trying to find an easy way to do this. I recently put a 1.5" ready lift lift kit on my car. they ended up sending me replacement strut spacers that apparently remedy the knocking noise. My question is this... is it possible to lwer the strut enough to just replace the spacer without removing the entire strut from the car completely? i'm thinking it should be but i'd like to hear from someone who's actually done it. thank you in advance
Sponsored

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I dont believe the lower control arm with drive axle, steering knuckle and sway bar link would allow enough downward movement to gain access to the 3 bolts that attach the lift spacer to the top of the strut.
If you wanted to try it, at a minimum you would need to remove the wheel, detach the sway bar link and unclip the brake lines and ABS sensor. Then loosen and remove the 3 strut attachment bolts and start jacking and watch to see that nothing is being stressed and see how much drop you can get to allow access to the top of the strut.

OP
OP
altoblue

altoblue

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I dont believe the lower control arm with drive axle, steering knuckle and sway bar link would allow enough downward movement to gain access to the 3 bolts that attach the lift spacer to the top of the strut.
If you wanted to try it, at a minimum you would need to remove the wheel, detach the sway bar link and unclip the brake lines and ABS sensor. Then loosen and remove the 3 strut attachment bolts and start jacking and watch to see that nothing is being stressed and see how much drop you can get to allow access to the top of the strut.
I gave it a shot, the whole thing has to come out

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I figured as much,
If you are going to continue and install the replacement spacers yourself, you'll be a pro by the time your finished.

Last edited:
OP
OP
altoblue

altoblue

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I figured as much,
If you are going to icontinue and nstall the replacement spacers yourself, you'll be a pro by the time your finished.
I put the whole kit in in about 5 hours. I was just really hoping to not have to take it all apart again