BabyBroncoPablo

Big Bend
First Name
Aydan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Hello friends! Just picked up a crisp 2021 Big Bend with the stock Continental tires. Wondering if it’s a bad idea to hit the beach this weekend? Or should my AWD be good enough to handle the beach? My buddy will be in a 2WD Tacoma so I can’t imagine I’ll do worse than him.

thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I think you're gonna answer that question for everyone. Report please!

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Those continentals are more of a road tire, you'll have to air down for sure but if that sand is loose granular you may have a problem gripping it. If it's wet sand or a hard pack, you shouldn't have too much trouble

Freddy Turbina

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Running stock tires on my 21 BB, and drive on the beach in softer sand 2x a week. No issues if you air down to 15, and have driven the beaches before (or know how to!).

Sand mode actually works very well when you are about to be in very soft sand (especially uphill soft sand) and can get you out of some tricky spots if you don’t dig yourself in too bad.

Keep some recovery gear in the spare compartment. I keep a folding shovel, 12x12 wood board for the jack to stand on, tow rope, and an air compressor in there with the (hopefully soon to be upgraded…) donut spare. Really recommend having a full size spare, I just haven’t taken my own advice yet……..

Ford Bronco Sport Stock tires + beach = bad idea?? 3A073FFC-0754-4BCB-9477-8825961DF9C8

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
As has been pointed out, it all depends on the sand. Air down to 15 and you should be okay on most beaches. That said, we only allow Badlands or First Editions on the beach where I ranger. AWD’s are no longer permitted, only locking 4WD due to deep soft sand.

BTW, take a tow strap to pull your buddy’s 2WD Tacoma back off the beach.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Just air down. And stay out the surf. Follow the main tracks and you’ll be fine
Sponsored