Spider Roof Rack Installation

dthedrick

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
What an absolute nightmare it install.

This thing comes with no instructions. And, don't expect any correspondence from the company. They are a ghost once you place the order to buy.

That being said, I did find a youtube from Spider Rack titled: Ford Bronco Sports Spider Roof Rack Install part 1, it's only a video on how to take the ceiling panel down.

You have to completely remove basically all of the panels of the interior to get the ceiling down. Good luck getting them back perfect and the interior looking factory new.

Now lets watch part 2 of the video so we can learn how to install the rack. Wait, there is no part 2 of the video where you would actually install the rack.

After many many hours I eventually figured it out only for to have one of the side piece support flanges be slightly bent down and when the rack was tightened it dented my roof.

The spider rook rack may look nice but it is an absolute nightmare to install.

Ford Bronco Sport Spider Roof Rack Installation 2

Ford Bronco Sport Spider Roof Rack Installation 4

Ford Bronco Sport Spider Roof Rack Installation 3

Ford Bronco Sport Spider Roof Rack Installation 1
Sponsored

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
My rule of thumb when purchasing an item such as this that needs a major install is to view the site (or look for YouTube video's) for installation detailed instructions. I review these, then determine if the product is worth it.

Sorry that you had to basically free hand this install, only to have it damage your roof.

Randarmax

Heritage
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Sport Heritage
OMG, I'm so glad I saw your post. I was really eyeballing this thing, but had not seen close up pics of the install. I thought the rack mounted on the existing roof rails somehow, but to remove them completely and then think you're installing correctly only to dent the roof? No thanks. That's a hard pass. Plus the company just raised their pricing for the Bronco Sport Model. Double hard pass. Thanks for taking one for the team.

CallMeBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Grey Badlands
Thats why I ended up getting the Yucca roof rack. No drilling, no taking anything down, just mount it to your existing rails. Instructions easy to follow and communication from them was excellent. Jake, the owner, very friendly and will do whatever itt takes to make sure you are happy with his product.
Sponsored