SoCal Thread

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
One week in with my badlands. Looking to get it on the trail, anything for a beginner in orange county or Joshua Tree?
Just got back from a quick little overnight in Joshua Tree. Took our Big Bend on the Geology Tour Road inside the park. Its a fun little loop thought a beautiful secluded landscape. the Bronco handled it like a champ!

OP
OP
sdchrisp

sdchrisp

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
According to recent reviewers on the AllTrails app, Wildomar OHV area has been closed off. Looks like last time it was open was 2 months ago. Is there anyway to check if it's open prior to arriving?
I am unsure. I just googled OHV trails in that area.

fdes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks sdchrisp and bronco_nopalito. I was in Joshua tree this weekend so was able to hit Geology tour rode while I was there. The bronco easily handled the trail so it will be more than capable for my needs.

Petes

Badlands
First Name
Petes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Limited
Thanks sdchrisp and bronco_nopalito. I was in Joshua tree this weekend so was able to hit Geology tour rode while I was there. The bronco easily handled the trail so it will be more than capable for my needs.
I was thinking of taking a mini road trip to Joshua Tree once I get the BS. Glad to see that it easily handled geology tour road!

mujari

Outer Banks
First Name
solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I wanted to create a thread for the many SoCal people with their Bronco Sports. We can plan meet-ups, trips, etc. Calling on the counties of: San Diego, Orange, Los Angeles, Ventura, Riverside, San Bernardino, & Imperial.
Victorville here. Haven't seen ANY others yet except at the dealership. Plenty of dirt up here for fun

OP
OP
sdchrisp

sdchrisp

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Victorville here. Haven't seen ANY others yet except at the dealership. Plenty of dirt up here for fun
I was just at Cajon Pass, Mormon Rocks, Sullivan's Curve, and Hill 582 on Saturday. It was a blast!

mujari

Outer Banks
First Name
solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I was just at Cajon Pass, Mormon Rocks, Sullivan's Curve, and Hill 582 on Saturday. It was a blast!
NICE next time you go hit me up. i'm new to offroading and would be more comfortable doing it in mine with someone experienced haha

jhed660

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Just picked up my Area 51 Badlands last week. I live in central San Diego, and I spent some time over the weekend exploring around Palomar and Ramona dirt roads. I'm excited to find more places and trails to explore in the area.

I'm up to meet for a trail ride whenever folks are feeling up for it. I also try to get on my mountain bike a couple times a week in case anyone else wants to meet for a different kind of ride.

Has anyone had good luck with a certain app or site for finding trails and descriptions? Most that include usable trail descriptions are not free, so I curious which seem to be worth paying for.

Petes

Badlands
First Name
Petes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Limited
Just picked up my Area 51 Badlands last week. I live in central San Diego, and I spent some time over the weekend exploring around Palomar and Ramona dirt roads. I'm excited to find more places and trails to explore in the area.

I'm up to meet for a trail ride whenever folks are feeling up for it. I also try to get on my mountain bike a couple times a week in case anyone else wants to meet for a different kind of ride.

Has anyone had good luck with a certain app or site for finding trails and descriptions? Most that include usable trail descriptions are not free, so I curious which seem to be worth paying for.
I think I spotted your Badlands a couple of days ago. If it was yours; your Badlands is the first one I’ve seen out into the wild here in SD.
Other than that, I’ve only seen a Big Bend and a base driving around central SD.

OP
OP
sdchrisp

sdchrisp

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I think I spotted your Badlands a couple of days ago. If it was yours; your Badlands is the first one I’ve seen out into the wild here in SD.
Other than that, I’ve only seen a Big Bend and a base driving around central SD.
Where have you seen it? I have a badlands area 51 in the Encinitas/carlsbad area, but I have family in Mission Bay so I visit.

OP
OP
sdchrisp

sdchrisp

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

Definitely! It sounds like there are enough people in the SoCal area that I should start planning an event/meet up for us.

Petes

Badlands
First Name
Petes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Limited
Where have you seen it? I have a badlands area 51 in the Encinitas/carlsbad area, but I have family in Mission Bay so I visit.
I saw it in the Mission Valley area heading towards the 8 freeway on-ramp. You picked a great color!
Sponsored