Johnperrion

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I wasn't digging that the factory cross bars by Yakima didn't lock... so I am trying a Thule set up as well.
The factory "Yakima" bars were $340 installed See(Factory Yakima Install)
This set up was a bit more expensive. The bars were $220, the foot pack was another $220 and I paid $80 for 6 locks with the same key. They did have a 4 pack for $60. The installation was a bit more tedious than the factory Yakima's, having to center, measure, remeasure, then recenter everything while getting up and down the step stool did get old. But it wasn't hard by any means.
Honestly, I prefer the look of the factory Yakimas, but the fact that they don't have locks is just too much for me to look past. With this set up I was able to place the crossbars anywhere along the track I liked as well, as long as I maintain 24 inches between the rails. which I thought was pretty cool. :)
Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2834[1].JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2835[1].JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2836[1].JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2809[1].JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2810[1].JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2811[1].JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2813[1].JPG
Front measurements
Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2814[1].JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2815[1].JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2816[1].JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2818[1].JPG
Back measurements
Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2821[1].JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2825[1].JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2826[1].JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2827[1].JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2828[1].JPG
Distance from front, distance between, distance from rear, height from roof

Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2830[1].JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2831[1].JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2833[1].JPG
Sun/Moonroof clearances

What do y'all think? Prefer the factory Yakima's of the Thule's??
Side note; I will be selling the Yakima's if anyone is interested.

Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2834[1].JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2835[1].JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2836[1].JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2809[1].JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2810[1].JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2811[1].JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2813[1].JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2814[1].JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2815[1].JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2816[1].JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2818[1].JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2821[1].JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2825[1].JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2826[1].JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2827[1].JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2828[1].JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2830[1].JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2831[1].JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Self installed Thule Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack and WingBar Evo 135 IMG_2833[1].JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Thank you so much for posting! I was starting to get concerned my Yakima Jetstream crossbar setup I have on my Escape (which will be traded in for my BL Sport soon) wouldn’t provide enough clearance for the moonroof to slide back. The clearance is similar to your Thule set up, so I think I’ll be good.

I didn’t even really want the moonroof but I wanted the other goodies in the BL package. Once I have it I’m sure I’ll use it if it works with my crossbars.

Thanks again!

EDIT: Also, I much prefer the linear look of the aftermarket crossbars. Its definitely a more rugged look, which appeals to me. Will go great with my BL+BL with the upgraded tires!

OP
OP
Johnperrion

Johnperrion

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thank you so much for posting! I was starting to get concerned my Yakima Jetstream crossbar setup I have on my Escape (which will be traded in for my BL Sport soon) wouldn’t provide enough clearance for the moonroof to slide back. The clearance is similar to your Thule set up, so I think I’ll be good.

I didn’t even really want the moonroof but I wanted the other goodies in the BL package. Once I have it I’m sure I’ll use it if it works with my crossbars.

Thanks again!
You are welcome! I didn't really want the moon roof either because of roof weight considerations, but I damn sure wasn't getting a BL without the BL package lol. And its nice to just pop it open for air flow, not opening it up all the way is kinda the pro strategy.
Sponsored