ryan_norris

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport - Badlands
I have seen a screen protector out there for the main touch screen. Is this needed?
Sponsored

Blizzard35

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I have seen a screen protector out there for the main touch screen. Is this needed?
My Bronco Sport OB (when it arrives) will be the 5th Ford Product with a touchscreen that I will have owned. I've never had to put a screen protector on any of my previous vehicles and unless Ford has changed the quality/durability of the touchscreen in the Bronco Sport, I wouldn't think it would be necessary. IMO

casual_reader

Outer Banks
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport OB / Focus RS
Needed, not really. Nice to have, yes. I ordered mine from Amazon and won't be for a few weeks. Unfortunately, I couldn't find an anti-glare glass, only clear. But looking at the center stack. The screen is completely vertical and not on an angle to reflect the sun.

I'll make a write up and install, once I get it.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Didn't feel it was totally needed, but the glass cover is easier to clean especially if you get some schmutz on it and want to get more intense with cleaning. Someday you know a dirty finger or surprise sneeze will get it. For the small investment, I added it.

fontzmark

First Edition
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport First Edition

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
So. I'm regretting not getting one earlier. Two months in. The screen scratches easy.

Ford Bronco Sport Screen Protector for touch screen? Screenshot_20210902-093344_Gallery

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands, Fiesta ST
Needed? No. Good Idea? I think so.

I've gotten one for every touchscreen vehicle I have had (as well as my phones and other mobile devices). For me it is cheap insurance for a very expensive investment as I keep my vehicles for a long time.
Sponsored