Jsl06

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Hey guys, all of the sudden mid drive today I noticed a continuous loud screeching sound from what I’m most certain is the rear right side of my bronco sport outer banks. When I got home there was also a burning smell as if something had been rubbing together leading me to believe something with the breaks. I’m not too sure but I was hoping someone here would maybe know the issue? This also doesn’t happen when breaking only accelerating.
Sponsored

DonImbimbo

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
If it goes away during braking then it quite possibly IS the brakes. But could also be a wheel bearing on that side. After you park the car touch all four wheels near the center and see if you feel a difference on one rear wheel.

Reactions: Jrl

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Hey guys, all of the sudden mid drive today I noticed a continuous loud screeching sound from what I’m most certain is the rear right side of my bronco sport outer banks. When I got home there was also a burning smell as if something had been rubbing together leading me to believe something with the breaks. I’m not too sure but I was hoping someone here would maybe know the issue? This also doesn’t happen when breaking only accelerating.
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  
Sponsored