Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Not really a vehicle specific question but does anyone have a favorite trail/ route tracker? Id like to hear about them... was thinking alltrails or someyhing similar ... just want it simple to track the driving/ hiking / boating kayaking
Sponsored

fistpumpbruh

Badlands
First Name
Karson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST st3
I like Trailforks, lets you switch between all sorts of different activity types and where to go do them, however you have to pay for it monthly. You get a 7 day free trial upon downloading the app, and after that its pretty much useless, but you google "ohv trails near me" and 9 times out of 10 the search results will show you full-featured trailforks for that particular search.

I've met a lot of the devs working on it and they're a bunch of upstanding fellas who all mountain bike, so they know what kind of stuff makes a good tracker.

Strava is free to use too, but it doesn't have the range and features Trailforks does.

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Not really a vehicle specific question but does anyone have a favorite trail/ route tracker? Id like to hear about them... was thinking alltrails or someyhing similar ... just want it simple to track the driving/ hiking / boating kayaking

I haven't had reason to exercise (no pun) it much yet, but I've been playing with Gaia GPS:

iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/gaia-gps-hiking-offroad-maps/id1201979492

Android: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.trailbehind.android.gaiagps.pro&hl=en

Developer: https://www.GaiaGPS.com/

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I switch between Gaia and onX Offroad. However onX I believe that tracking is a part of the premium features. I do like them both

OP
OP
Reklussloth

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I switch between Gaia and onX Offroad. However onX I believe that tracking is a part of the premium features. I do like them both
So do you use one for driving and one for the other or just interchange them on the area.... what id like to be able to do is basically have somewhat of an idea of where im going routing ... but also something that i can basically say start and it maps lql my movement or location where i can go back see how far ... share the route with people lik you guys etc.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
So do you use one for driving and one for the other or just interchange them on the area.... what id like to be able to do is basically have somewhat of an idea of where im going routing ... but also something that i can basically say start and it maps lql my movement or location where i can go back see how far ... share the route with people lik you guys etc.
I find that they have different trails locations from different users. With onX I really like being able to download the trails for offline use for those no cell areas especially my first trip. But I can use the Gaia with bronco on Android auto while using onX on my phone. Gotta love technology ?

OP
OP
Reklussloth

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Seriously. Not too long ago i was going over badic map skills and reading with my kids.... and for sure i wanted them to be qble to at least get. A bearing .... but it is also kinda like the math teachers back in my day "well you wint always have a calculator on you... oh turns out i will. And access to EVERY thing i could even begin to drema up qnd dancing dog videos.

OP
OP
Reklussloth

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Seriously. Not too long ago i was going over badic map skills and reading with my kids.... and for sure i wanted them to be qble to at least get. A bearing .... but it is also kinda like the math teachers back in my day "well you wint always have a calculator on you... oh turns out i will. And access to EVERY thing i could even begin to drema up qnd dancing dog videos.
Just unfortunate i have fat thumbs and everything i type on a phone looks like that ^^^^
Sponsored