760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
So my wonderful daughter was in the back seat with marbles and decided to drop one into the air vent. Now when I drive I can hear it rolling around in there…. Anyone have an idea on how to open up the vents to get something down In there. I’m thinking about just bringing it to Ford and having them deal with it.
Sponsored

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
I'm seriously sorry for actually saying it but LOL

Have her pour some orange juice in there too, when dry it will glue the marble in place and double as an air freshener.

ChupaKobra

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
So my wonderful daughter was in the back seat with marbles and decided to drop one into the air vent. Now when I drive I can hear it rolling around in there…. Anyone have an idea on how to open up the vents to get something down In there. I’m thinking about just bringing it to Ford and having them deal with it.

ChupaKobra

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Have a friend back in Michigan who had something similar happen (their son put some coins in there!) they took their badlands to the dealership and were in and out within an hour.

I see you’re in the Coachella Valley, taking to PS Motors or Fiesta Ford should hopefully be a “quick” fix.

Looking forward to seeing you on the road! ??????

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Thank you for bringing my attention to yet another thing my son can do during his insurgent sabotage operations!

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
OK. Make an extension tube that will fit into the vent and tape it to the extension on your vacuum cleaner tube.. You will have to use tape to reduce down to size the 2 connections. Try and grab the marble back up and through the vent or just suck it up with the suction of the Vacuum. That is my MacGyver solution.....

OP
OP

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport

Have her pour some orange juice in there too, when dry it will glue the marble in place and double as an air freshener.
that’s mean. But not a horrible idea. Lol

I was bored and irritated tonight after getting home from the store and hearing that stupid marble roll around. A few clips holds the back panel onto the center console, pulled those apart, dug down into the AC vent but couldn’t reach. Kept looking for something thin enough to grab it but couldn’t find anything in my garage….

pulled out of the driveway put it in sport mode and hammered the throttle, hear the marble start to roll back so I stuck my hand in the AC vent and voila, right into my fingers. Popped the panel back on and it’s like nothing happened.
Thanks for the help guys! Glad I was able to save a trip to Ford for something so stupid. Lol

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I am looking to remove my console for some work and by Googling, this was the only thread that came up anyplace. By looking at the Fort parts site, I was able to determine the answer for this one. So if anyone else comes along and needs to get access for lost treasure or even to open and clean out the dusty ducting in later years, the answer is simple.

I opened the lid and grasped the rear very firmly on the sides at the top. If you pull evenly with enough force, the clip retainers will pull out. Pull it back and lift out the bottom. Gone are the days of spring metal clips... these are plastic. They are the minty green things on the panel in the photo below. I didn't break any, fortunately, but they are really cheap if you did. Notice one came off in the first pic, and I had to reinstall it after finding it.
Ford Bronco Sport Removing Center Console IMG_20210803_135527453
Ford Bronco Sport Removing Center Console IMG_20210803_135819814

On mine there was a single wire harness connected to the 110V receptacle that unplugged by pushing the release.
Ford Bronco Sport Removing Center Console IMG_20210803_135556678

Of note, on the Ford parts site, I see that there are 3 different panels depending on the type of A/C you have. Note that the 3rd type has a cutout for both the 110v and a 12v. For about $40 that's an option for some DIYers that want the 12v there. You can also Dremel a hole of course but this has a nice recess already molded right in.
Ford Bronco Sport Removing Center Console Capture.JPG

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport

For the record... orange juice does not smell great when aged.... but it would probbaly work as glue.
Sponsored