Removable roof possible?

OP
OP

Broncolution

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I sincerely think it was an out loud thought process but yeah it goes so many ways to sideways.
This is exactly what it was. Thinking out loud.

No one is cutting into anything. I wouldn’t dare.
Sponsored

rootdoc

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I honestly don't think it's a bad idea, but it's not feasible in current configurations. My son works for an engineering firm who designs and builds a lot of these components. He is working in quality engineering on some of the projects. He inspects upwards of 150+ weld points on some parts. It is so dynamic it's unreal.
Based on the four door wrangler it's possible...but that's a whole different monster. They'd be better off creating a whole new branch of the bronco line say a bronco scout? Just tossing names for the sake of it. Kind of a sport sized body with removable top...not sure it's financially sound.
I believe Ford Motor Co. would get sued if they used the word "scout" in any of their product lines. I'm pretty sure International Harvester Scout, bought out by some other company, has a trademark on the name.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I believe Ford Motor Co. would get sued if they used the word "scout" in any of their product lines. I'm pretty sure International Harvester Scout, bought out by some other company, has a trademark on the name.
https://fordauthority.com/2019/09/ford-abandons-trademark-application-for-bronco-scout/
At one point Ford had actually applied to use the Scout name. Now I don’t know much about trademark law, so I’m not sure if they either had permission from IH in some form, or if after 4 decades without use the trademark might no longer be protected.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a39970134/volkswagen-scout-ev-revival/
Too bad for Ford too as I still think Scout is a great name. If this news is to be believed it’ll be used for EV’s.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Ehhh...Yeah...I used it as an example not a serious marketing idea, it's been discussed before it was the first example that came to mind, I'm not heading to the trademark department🤣
Sponsored