Remote start fob for 2021 Bronco Sport, Big Bend model.

cutter57

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I recently bought a 2021 Big Bend. I can remote start using the Ford Pass app, but my fob does not have a remote start button. Can I simply buy 2 OEM fobs with remote start and have them programmed, or is being able to remote start with the fob more involved than that? Thanks in advance for any help
Sponsored

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands, Fiesta ST
I recently bought a 2021 Big Bend. I can remote start using the Ford Pass app, but my fob does not have a remote start button. Can I simply buy 2 OEM fobs with remote start and have them programmed, or is being able to remote start with the fob more involved than that? Thanks in advance for any help
It may be possible to do, but it will involve a bit of work. The Forscan community has a pretty well documented post on how to go about it:

REMOTE START - FORScan forum

At some point I'll likely give it a try, but haven't yet had the time.

Jocker

Base
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

Is it possible to set up remote start with a BS base model? (uses a key to start instead of push to start)

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
It might be a bit of a nuisance as with the app it uses the built-in modem to initiate the remote start versus with the key fob it does not as it uses a version of a'line-of-sight' transmitter.

OP
OP

cutter57

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I'm beginning to believe I will be satisfied using the Ford pass app to remote start the Bronco Sport. Thanks for all the input

OP
OP

cutter57

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
$177 + install sounds reasonable for the proximity and remote start
Thanks for your help, but I am now pretty content with using the FordPass app to remote start the car. So far, so good.
Sponsored