Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Ford has built well over 100,000 Bronco Sports. And while you will see lots of posting on issues the number of issues posted versus number of units sold is is low. There are large numbers of Bronco Sports out there quietly living a problem free life. How reliable will Bronco Sports be long term no one knows. And yes there are lemons out there too.
Purchased Dec 2020, 18,890 miles now and not a single glitch. Base model 1st run vehicle. The people that have problems will come in here and talk about it.
The vast majority of the people have no problems so they get on with their busy lives and only pop in here to look for accessories.
A thousand atta boys are destroyed with one oh shit. It’s human nature…
Oh btw I got the recall about the oil separator thingammajig.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

jackiegFord

Outer Banks
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
The reason people hear about so many having problems is that people come to boards like this to complain about problems, both real and perceived and don't come here to tell about how they have no problems whatsoever.

Which is where I'm at. 13 months trouble free and I'm happy.
That's what I'm hoping to hear! Thank you!

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I have found a few Ford friends have said if you're having a problem getting a Ford appointment, take it to a Lincoln dealer they may even give you a really nice loaner on top.
My father in law takes his '14 Mustang to local Lincoln dealer and loves their service. All the systems are common so Lincoln service has the know how.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
My father in law takes his '14 Mustang to local Lincoln dealer and loves their service. All the systems are common so Lincoln service has the know how.
For sure... Plus they do the warranty work too.

CactusGreyBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Memo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2017 Flex 365 HP/EcoBoost,VW GL
I’ve owned Fords for years now. Ranger, multiple Mustangs, & Flex. I haven’t had issues with them except for the driveshaft on my Flex that broke. It was covered under warranty. If you worried I’d get Flood Ford warranty or the other Ford Protect(ESP) warranty that advertise here. Prices are much better then when buying with the car. Everyone has their own opinion. There are some cars brands that I won’t buy based off my experience with them. While family members swear by them. I was talkin to a coworker about getting a new car . He was like I wouldn’t own a Ford. He says this because of a bad experience he had with one. So your milage may vary. My opinion is that Ford make quality cars (currently) Better then other name plates. Quality in general for cars is better then ones made in the 90s, and 2000s.

Last edited:

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
I’d think you’ll be ok. My sister and her husband have always owned ford’s and put tons of miles on them and never purchased an extended warranty and have always had good luck with them. Same with other family members. They have Lincoln’s now and same thing. This BL I’m waiting on I’m hoping to have same type of luck, will be my first Ford. The two Hondas I’ve owned were the worst cars I’ve ever owned, problematic pos. And at low miles. And Honda of America basically tells you sorry about your luck.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I am one of the unlucky people. 2 manufacture defects (windshield and powertrain fail) under 800 miles. Its been in the shop for longer than I have gotten to drive it. Does this mean the BS is a bad car? Not at all. Lots of them on the road, and even if you see a lot of people complain on here, its still a small number overall. People with issues always squawk loudest *raises own hand*, so don't take it too much to heart. If you have issues, like other people said, we are the beta testers. The frustrations come from the availability of parts and such. Hopefully you wont have any issues, and if you do, just get them dealt with. At the end of the day, I have looked over the other SUV options, and honestly there isn't a single other one I want, despite the issues mine has.
TL:DR: Happy people out driving their Broncos. Mad people on here posting issues cause theirs broke. Dont worry too much about it.
It's unfortunate you've had so many issues, just a lemon by the sound of it. Sucks when it happens and I certainly would hope nobody experienced those issues...my comments certainly don't reflect a lack of sympathy or deny it happens.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
For sure... Plus they do the warranty work too.
My father in law had extended warrantee on his '14 mustang and Lincoln dealer fixed a few things under warranty yes.

cgparsons1983

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Ford has built well over 100,000 Bronco Sports. And while you will see lots of posting on issues the number of issues posted versus number of units sold is is low. There are large numbers of Bronco Sports out there quietly living a problem free life. How reliable will Bronco Sports be long term no one knows. And yes there are lemons out there too.
Had mine since the end of Feb and so far so good. I did actually see the wrench pop up once a couple weeks back and then it never happened again.

jshar

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I just bought the first Ford that I've had in 21 years, a 2022 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks. I love the way it looks. I love the comfort of the seats, how warm the heated seats get, that they come on with the remote start if left on when you leave the vehicle. Love that it is averaging 30 mpg. There are many things I love about it, but 3 weeks after purchasing, the dreaded wrench lit up and when checking the Ford Pass app I found it was a "powertrain malfunction". At this point, I'm wondering, is it ok to drive, do I need to park it? I text the dealer that I just bought it from (3 hours away- it was the closest dealer that had one for sale) and she said it should be ok to drive home. I call the Ford dealership in Onalaska, WI who is near me and the service man there says, no I cannot look up by the vin number to see if it is serious and we can't get you in for an appointment for at least 45 days. Luckily the Ford dealer in Richland Center, WI was kind enough to look up the vin on the computer and informed me it has to do with the gear shifter and I have an appointment there today to have it looked at. After reading so many others with issues like this on their vehicles on Facebook Bronco Sport groups, and a wide variety of problems, I am worried. Help me out Bronco Sport owners- if you have had a good experience I'd love to hear about it as it is scary to think I just purchased an unreliable vehicle.
2021 Big Bend - I also had the Powertrain malfunction issue while on vacation up in Vermont. Truth be told both times were right after fueling up. The odd part is all I did was pull over and recycle the engine (turn off then turn on) and it was fine until the next fuel up. Hasn't happened since and everything else is just fine. Note: the local Ford dealership near Burlington VT was useless, basically told me to go back to NJ to get sevice.

John2Names

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger
I had the wrench light come on in the 2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 I traded in on my BS OB. I parked it when I got to my destination. The next time I drove it the light was out and never came back on for the next 9,000 miles I drove it before the trade in. If it goes out and doesn’t come back on, why worry about?

OP
OP

jackiegFord

Outer Banks
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I had the wrench light come on in the 2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 I traded in on my BS OB. I parked it when I got to my destination. The next time I drove it the light was out and never came back on for the next 9,000 miles I drove it before the trade in. If it goes out and doesn’t come back on, why worry about it
Thank you - makes me feel better - it went out and hasn't come back on. The dealer couldn't find anything wrong with it when they looked it over. Hoping it was just a fluke.

OneTakeJake

Base
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I just bought the first Ford that I've had in 21 years, a 2022 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks. I love the way it looks. I love the comfort of the seats, how warm the heated seats get, that they come on with the remote start if left on when you leave the vehicle. Love that it is averaging 30 mpg. There are many things I love about it, but 3 weeks after purchasing, the dreaded wrench lit up and when checking the Ford Pass app I found it was a "powertrain malfunction". At this point, I'm wondering, is it ok to drive, do I need to park it? I text the dealer that I just bought it from (3 hours away- it was the closest dealer that had one for sale) and she said it should be ok to drive home. I call the Ford dealership in Onalaska, WI who is near me and the service man there says, no I cannot look up by the vin number to see if it is serious and we can't get you in for an appointment for at least 45 days. Luckily the Ford dealer in Richland Center, WI was kind enough to look up the vin on the computer and informed me it has to do with the gear shifter and I have an appointment there today to have it looked at. After reading so many others with issues like this on their vehicles on Facebook Bronco Sport groups, and a wide variety of problems, I am worried. Help me out Bronco Sport owners- if you have had a good experience I'd love to hear about it as it is scary to think I just purchased an unreliable vehicle.
This also happened to me about 3 weeks in as well. Mine turned off after letting it sit overnight and I haven't had the issue since. It could just be a computer malfunction with them coming off the lot or something but it happened when I was at about 700ish miles and now I'm up to 3,000 and haven't had a problem.

ChadG

Big Bend
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I’ve owned nine new Fords, Mercurys, and Lincolns over the past 20 years. I’ve subscribed to Consumer Reports for many years, and checked their reliability records for all my cars before buying. I have a Big Bend on order, and I can tell you that the Bronco Sport has better reliability predictions from CR than any Ford products ive ever owned.
Ford Bronco Sport Reliability?  Worried :( A82D0561-31C7-475D-82F9-CDF12B66B2F0

OP
OP

jackiegFord

Outer Banks
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
This also happened to me about 3 weeks in as well. Mine turned off after letting it sit overnight and I haven't had the issue since. It could just be a computer malfunction with them coming off the lot or something but it happened when I was at about 700ish miles and now I'm up to 3,000 and haven't had a problem.
That is great to hear. I've driven a couple more weeks now and it hasn't come back on. I hope you and I both have good luck going forward :)
Sponsored