Rear Ended

olly12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Was hit from behind while stopped at a redlight, minor collision that scraped up and creased rear bumper, pushed one panel under taillight.

Ford dealership said there are only 7 bumpers in inventory nationally, all in Detroit. There is no separate bumper with or without tow package. The dealer or repairing facility has to cut out the piece to accomodate trailer tow hitch. The cost of a single bumper is $674, estimate 7-10 days to get. This is just the plastic bumper cover to be clear.

They are pushing me to take photos so they can do estimate, but it seems like i want someone to actually pull off the bumper cover to see if the impact bar or any parts are broken. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Ford dealership said there are only 7 bumpers in inventory nationally, all in Detroit. The cost of a single bumper is $674, estimate 7-10 days to get. This is just the plastic bumper cover to be clear.

They are pushing me to take photos so they can do estimate, but it seems like i want someone to actually pull off the bumper cover to see if the impact bar or any parts are broken. Thoughts?
Sorry to hear about the accident, that is unfortunate.

Only 7 bumper nationally and up to 10 days to get? That sounds like the windshield fiasco another member is dealing with. One would think that Ford would have bolstered their inventories for such a big new rollout.

I would expect that your insurance company would want any hidden damage revealed since a rear-end collision is typically the other party's fault. Have you sought advice from them?

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My state, no-fault insurance, you make a claim for the entire repair cost whatever it turns out to be, at-fault driver's insurance pays the deductible and I pay nothing. I don't want a check, I want it fixed. They typically "find" a lot when they get going and presume I don't mind since I'm not paying, right? My second and third thoughts about that -- I'd rather not be participating in claims inflation and, not have an necessarily large claim on my account with my insurer. But it is the way to get it completely fixed and nothing out-of-pocket from me.

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
Was hit from behind while stopped at a redlight, minor collision that scraped up and creased rear bumper, pushed one panel under taillight.

Ford dealership said there are only 7 bumpers in inventory nationally, all in Detroit. There is no separate bumper with or without tow package. The dealer or repairing facility has to cut out the piece to accomodate trailer tow hitch. The cost of a single bumper is $674, estimate 7-10 days to get. This is just the plastic bumper cover to be clear.

I had damaged my front lower bumper off the road. Also Took about 10 days for parts .

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I have a back up SUV, not worried about parts waiting time, as much as some would be.
But Still, In my past 7 to 10 days to round up parts was normal.
Sponsored