V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Good morning all 21 Bronco Sport owners (22, 23 & 24 too). There has been several threads concerning noise, shudder, groan, etc. coming from the rear end. This thread is more specific. It concerns only the rear differential noise. This noise can sometimes be confused with rear brake noise which is a seperate issue and has seperate TSBs issued by Ford. The rear differential low speed shutter that you can feel usually happens when backing up and at low speed turns, usually to the right. I attached one official TSBs that document this and have a remediation listed to address it. There are a total of three TSBs for the issue. The link for these TSBs is at:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/tsb_recall/tsbs/ford/bronco+sport/2021

For other TSBs scroll thru the list and you will find much more on other issue's. Sometimes the dealers (service agents) do not know of these so if you have an issue print the TSB that pretains to your issue and show them, that way there is no denial a problem has been identified and there is a fix for it.
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

Robink

Big Bend
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco sport
I just spent $3,000 fixing the rear differential on my 21 BB. They have no idea why the internal bearings broke. It took a week before I got it in and another week and a half to get the parts and fix it. Ken Garff Ford in St George, Utah was terrific and in particular the service writer Paul Olsen. This was a huge blow because I did not get the extended warranty. I've had all sorts of trucks and my car of 20 years is a Nissan Exterra with 233,000 miles on it. This is the first vehicle I have ever had that had something catastrophic happen to it within the first five years. I truly wish I had done my research about this vehicle and followed some fb pages before I bought one. I've had great trucks in the past and I had never ever bought the extended warranty. I wish I had done the research and bought an extended warranty.

OP
OP
V8 Yankee

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Wow, that is a huge hit. The drive train warranty is 5 yr/60K, you must have been over that. Mine is at 38K, just made an appointment for a fluid change, hopefully no damage as it makes exactly the same nouse as described in all related TSBs.
Sponsored