gizahuna

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have a Bronco Sport Outer Banks equipped with rain sensing wipers. I finally figured out how to get them on, but my question is about turning them off. I have replaced a totaled 2019 Edge with this Bronco. The Edge was equipped with Rain Sensing wipers and if I turned the car off when they were active, the wipers would return to the off position at the bottom of the windshield. This doesn't seem to be the case with the Bronco as they seem to stay up when the car is turned off in mid-wipe. Am I missing something?
Sponsored

MHUNTOON

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
LOL, I was literally just about to look up how to activate them.

OP
OP
gizahuna

gizahuna

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Apparently, all you have to do to turn them on is put the wipers on intermittent. I've tested it on a dry day with a bottle of water and they go on just fine and adjust to different amounts of rain. It's just odd they don't return to the bottom when you turn off the car.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Apparently, all you have to do to turn them on is put the wipers on intermittent.
So, what happens when you take them out of intermittent?

OP
OP
gizahuna

gizahuna

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
The wipers go back to normal operation....Its an odd configuration.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
I have a Bronco Sport Outer Banks equipped with rain sensing wipers. I finally figured out how to get them on, but my question is about turning them off. I have replaced a totaled 2019 Edge with this Bronco. The Edge was equipped with Rain Sensing wipers and if I turned the car off when they were active, the wipers would return to the off position at the bottom of the windshield. This doesn't seem to be the case with the Bronco as they seem to stay up when the car is turned off in mid-wipe. Am I missing something?
The "handle" on right side of steering column has 3 positions. Down is "off". Middle little tab switch (wipe frequency) has several positions too. Column switch in middle, frequency tab in 1st "up" position and Rain sensing is "on". If they come on and rain stops, wipers stop, & wait a minute or two and wipers will "park". It does not happen as soon as they stop.
If no rain in forcast, just move lever to down position & they will stay off.
Mine is a 22 OB built 12/23/21.
Hope this helps.

OP
OP
gizahuna

gizahuna

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Thank you....so rain sensing is only on the first up on the intermittent setting. If rain sensing is on and active because it is raining. If I turn the car off in mid wipe, the wipers stay in the upright position rather than returning to the down "off" position. My old edge would return the wipers to the bottom of the windshield under similar circumstances.
Sponsored