JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
My dealer called me today. He told me that, according to his systems, my BL+BL was built around 11 December (which would be consistent with the window sticker) and that it is still sitting in Hermosa for an unknown reason (perhaps QC, perhaps waiting on trains).

He was as frustrated with the Ford IT systems as much as everyone else on this forum. Harming the reputation of one of the larger roll outs that Ford has had in some years.

So, he said he would just keep watching for me and let me know when it finally gets released to the train. And that it is a month out once it gets released.
Sponsored

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
I asked someone on another group about this and he happened to be a sales & marketing retiree so he had some contacts he could ask. Here’s the response:
I actually had this in my follow-up this week. There have been delays at the plant (holds, quality assurances, supplier related) that is delaying the builds. Lots of stop-ships on units that have been released as well. Some minor delays to ensure a quality build and product for when you take delivery.

Update: In addition to the quality assurances noted above there is also an industry wide shortage of transistors which is causing a lot of plants to pause. ABC News Semiconductor Shortage Forces Automobile Production Cuts

Last edited:

housecop

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep Cherokee
would be nice if ford had to compensate us for delays. or at lease tell you why the delay is needed. if it is there fault give out oil changes and services or credit towards extras for wait times,

Rincon

Badlands
First Name
Laird
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands, Cactus Gray
Yep, has all the options causing the current delay: Gray roof, tow package, and moonroof. Delayed three weeks.

realworld51

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
Yep, has all the options causing the current delay: Gray roof, tow package, and moonroof. Delayed three weeks.
I am glad you are at least being told yours is delayed. I have not heard anything since mid-November and my dealer has no further information. I guess it will sort itself... hoping my order is not somehow lost.

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
From what I have found it looks like the Bronco Sports are being built at Ford's Hermosillo, Mexico plant, and should not be affected by the semiconductor shortage, which (as per this article) is causing closures of the Louisville, KY plant.

I asked about delays at www.blueovalforums.com/forums and a moderator there said BS production scheduling starts again next Thursday:

Ford Bronco Sport Production delays?? Bronco Sport Production.PNG

housecop

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep Cherokee
Just received a email from ford I got another delay now from March 2 to April 22 this sucks!

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Mine just changed from March 1 to April 5th. Sucks.
Wow, not good. Sorry to hear! Is this your first production delay? When did you order?

Lane4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bbbbbb
Just got bumped for the 3rd time ,feb 1 to feb 22 to March 1 to now as of tonight March 15.,ordered 11/7/20 that would be number 4 .should come in mid April .(. so it will be) Pittsburgh pa
[/QUOTE
Did you receive a VIN number yet?

Lane4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bbbbbb
Yes ,from dealer
Ok, I did as well and on 3rd delay, so I switched to different trim . Also delayed due to rail and other transportation trying to deliver COVID vaccines .
Sponsored