pepenikos

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
After checking the lug nut torque on my Badlands with electronic, and mechanical torque wrenches found not torqued properly.,
Torque was at 70 ft/lbs, not 100. 7 0 ft./lbs does equal 100 nt/mts(Metric system). After seeing the problem they had with the rear
suspension system proper measurement torque. Recommend checking your vehicles, even though I notified my dealership an they
promised to bring it up at Fords weekly conference call
Sponsored

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
OK , explain that to me again? What is the issue ? Are you saying our Lug nuts are not torqued correctly from. the Factory or that you cant get them correct ?

OP
OP
pepenikos

pepenikos

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
OK , explain that to me again? What is the issue ? Are you saying our Lug nuts are not torqued correctly from. the Factory or that you cant get them correct ?

OP
OP
pepenikos

pepenikos

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Not correct from factory. I had no problem adjusting to proper torque. Drove 100
and re-checked, still 100 lbs.

BayBrownBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Thanks for the reminder pepen. I noticed this too on mine. I was installing Gorilla lug locks on it with my torque wrench, and happened to notice it was pretty easy to get the OEM lugs off. (Too easy!). Then I started checking every OEM lug nut. Some were around 90 to 100 ft-lb; but some were down at 60 or 70! Eeek. I tightened them all after that, using the standard cris-cross method of course. I recommend everyone have them checked.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now your going to make me check . Its not like the ambient air temperature could have made them that way , like the Tire Pressure .

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I checked air in the Tires after washing the BS & got my older trusty Craftsman Torque wrench out & after confirming in the Manual that it is indeed 100 ft.pounds of torque I set the Wrench & went at it , moved every Lug nut about a 1/4" before the wrench clicked . Can't say what they were torqued at , but I would say 80-85 ft pounds , but thats a guess , they were definitely not at the 100 ft ponds my Torque wrench is calibrated for & it is old , so a new one may not show the same & I might have over torqued them . Someone smarter then me can figure the equation of what it is to move a Lug Nut another 1/4" or so .

I've been wanting a new Torque Wrench for years & I think I will now get one .

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I'll check mine too! Thanks!

Follow up, I checked mine last evening, all were shy of 100 ft lbs by about a quarter turn if that.
Sponsored

Last edited: