Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
I was waiting at the drive through of Mc Donalds when all of a sudden, the power shut down on my 2021 Bronco BS, as if someone pulled the plug. It turned out to be a loose battery ground to chassis connector. Then I started wondering, since so much of this vehicle is being electronically controlled, like the engine, emergency brake, steering and so on, what would happen if there was a power loss at highway speeds, will I be able to safely coast to a stop, or will the vehicle lock wheel? I'm sure Ford has thought about this, but I haven't found anything in the vehicle manual as of yet.
Sponsored

Reactions: Ale

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
Loose ground wire Should not stop the engine. Unless the engine was auto stopped then yes.

OP
OP
Alfredo

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
Loose ground wire Should not stop the engine. Unless the engine was auto stopped then yes.
It sure stopped mine. I don't remember if the engine auto/off button was activated at the time.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I was waiting at the drive through of Mc Donalds when all of a sudden, the power shut down on my 2021 Bronco BS, as if someone pulled the plug. It turned out to be a loose battery ground to chassis connector. Then I started wondering, since so much of this vehicle is being electronically controlled, like the engine, emergency brake, steering and so on, what would happen if there was a power loss at highway speeds, will I be able to safely coast to a stop, or will the vehicle lock wheel? I'm sure Ford has thought about this, but I haven't found anything in the vehicle manual as of yet.

Hello, Alfredo! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this concern. Thanks!
Sponsored