Please share and support, your BS could be the next...

Megakatx

Big Bend
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It is not my case but we need to share and try to help...

: I hit a deer 9/20/22 on my commute to work . My 2022 ford bronco sport is still sitting at the collision shop because of Ford . There are not any back orders , Ford had a manufacturer problem with the machine making parts incorrectly. My car has been sitting since 10/1/22 waiting on a left fender mounting bracket . Ford has now started manufacturing the correct part however they are not issuing these parts to dealerships or repair shops . They are keeping all new parts being made for the manufacturing of 2023 ford bronco’s vs taking care of their existing customers. There is an active case with Ford , with no response since 10/7/22, customer service representatives hang up on you, ford dealerships are involved and trying to assist with this issue . I love my car and don’t have any regrets , but just wanted to shed some light on this issue . Please share !
Sponsored

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
With what I know now that I did not know when I purchased my BS off the lot back in December 2021.
I would not have bought anything new. I would have bought a four year old 4x4 F-150.
Only reason I’m comfortable driving my BS is I have a very reliable back up vehicle.
Deer strikes are common here in the Appalachian’s.

seoden88

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Badlands
There are more steps to the process than people realize. If there is an issue with the part then they have to clear inventory at the plant and then the service department, then they will have to verify the part fully meets spec before it gets used anywhere. The plant will get backfilled first, every OEM will do this, then they will fill the service warehouses.

Rubber Ducky

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
There are more steps to the process than people realize. If there is an issue with the part then they have to clear inventory at the plant and then the service department, then they will have to verify the part fully meets spec before it gets used anywhere. The plant will get backfilled first, every OEM will do this, then they will fill the service warehouses.
True. I used to work in a manufacturing plant. Any defect, no matter how small, would shut down operations. I guess I should have known that would be the case with an auto manufacturer.
Sponsored