Ordered a few weeks ago, should I have received an email confirmation by now?

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I ordered a Badlands (+ Badlands package) a few weeks ago in store, as soon as Ford was taking orders again for this build. Since it was on a Saturday, the dealer rep said it would be entered into the system the following Monday. And I'm pretty sure I was told I would receive an email confirmation shortly after, but I haven't received one yet. I called the dealer who said I wouldn't hear anything until the order got a VIN. Is this correct?

How do I know they ordered the right build? I have a signed order sheet of what I want them to order, but no confirmation that it was actually ordered or when. And to add to the fun, the dealer converted my big Bronco reservation to an order without my consent, so I don't exactly trust them anymore.

Since it's a BL+BL, it likely won't be scheduled until at least March due to commodity issues. But I'm a little uneasy about waiting months to find out what was actually ordered, particularly since they've already pulled some shenanigans with my big Bronco.

Can someone who put in an order cold (i.e., not with a prior reservation) please let me know how your process went? Did you receive a confirmation email listing what was ordered? If so, when?
Sponsored

olly12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Hi there,

My order confirmation email from Ford came in immediately, same day as when dealer told me they submitted it.

Your dealer can pull up status with estimated price and options in WBDO anytime so you can get an idea of price, the order number, options/spec, etc. Here is mine for reference:

You should probably confirm they actually input the order, as it sounds like they didn't...

Ford Bronco Sport Ordered a few weeks ago, should I have received an email confirmation by now? 1611598451135

OP
OP
CDN Jen

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Hi there,

My order confirmation email from Ford came in immediately, same day as when dealer told me they submitted it.

Your dealer can pull up status with estimated price and options in WBDO anytime so you can get an idea of price, the order number, options/spec, etc. Here is mine for reference:

You should probably confirm they actually input the order, as it sounds like they didn't...

Ford Bronco Sport Ordered a few weeks ago, should I have received an email confirmation by now? 1611598451135
Thank you. This is what I was afraid of. Now that I know how the process should go, I'll be sure to get to the bottom of what's going on.

I appreciate you chiming in!

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Thank you. This is what I was afraid of. Now that I know how the process should go, I'll be sure to get to the bottom of what's going on.

I appreciate you chiming in!
\
I got a print out of the invoice preview when I went in to place the order. They should have provided that without you needing to ask. When they place your order in WBDO, your order will sit in an unscheduled order bank without a VIN. Your order is picked up by the assembly plant when any commodity restrictions are resolved for your order and they have an allocation with Ford to build. A build week is scheduled and you get your VIN assigned. Check with your dealer (Holzer Ford?) to see if its still waiting to be scheduled.

Good luck!

PnutLuv

Outer Banks
First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I only had invoice from dealer, never got an email from Ford. Received my VIN last week.

Stangman66

Big Bend
First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order 2021 Bronco Sport
I received the attached file and a confirmation directly from Ford with the same information.

Ford Bronco Sport Ordered a few weeks ago, should I have received an email confirmation by now? FE14F4C7-7F86-425D-8131-4ED54F2EDAB2
Sponsored