zachc275

Outer Banks
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Outer Banks (Area 51)
I recently installed OMAC's roof rack crossbars onto my BS Outer Banks. I figured I would make a post on here sharing my experience because of the difficulties I had finding suitable crossbars.

If you own an OB, Badlands, or First Edition, and start shopping for crossbars, you might have noticed that many of them designed for the Bronco Sport have specific exceptions for these trims. Take this Amazon posting for example: it specifically says in the title that it can't be used and is for the "on-road" trims, whatever that means.

After a lot of digging for a product that is still price-friendly, I found the OMAC. Available for $109.90 from the manufacturer at time of posting (if you buy from Amazon it will come at the same speed and be more expensive). OMAC advertises these crossbars as being compatible with seemingly all of the 2021/2022 BS trims produced. I was skeptical at first given that others have mentioned on here slight differences between each trim's roof racks, but decided to give it a shot.

Installation took about 90 minutes. It was tricky having to measure things out, get things exactly even, etc. There were several times when I was confused by the instructions or they left out crucial information, but I was able to figure it out. As far as the fit goes, it seems to be pretty good for the Sport. Any gaps created between the mounts and the roof racks are covered by rubber. There's also included weather stripping you measure out and cut for the bottom of the bars.

Here they are unloaded and loaded:

Ford Bronco Sport OMAC Roof Crossbars Review IMG_9806
Ford Bronco Sport OMAC Roof Crossbars Review IMG_9970

Overall, I would recommend these if you're looking for crossbars. OMAC seems to be pretty reputable and they shipped fast. Hopefully this saves somebody down the road from having to search for hours trying to find the crossbars right for them.
Sponsored

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Will these work with the moonroof? Keep seeing conflicting things

RodNSA

Base
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
I recently installed OMAC's roof rack crossbars onto my BS Outer Banks. I figured I would make a post on here sharing my experience because of the difficulties I had finding suitable crossbars.

If you own an OB, Badlands, or First Edition, and start shopping for crossbars, you might have noticed that many of them designed for the Bronco Sport have specific exceptions for these trims. Take this Amazon posting for example: it specifically says in the title that it can't be used and is for the "on-road" trims, whatever that means.

After a lot of digging for a product that is still price-friendly, I found the OMAC. Available for $109.90 from the manufacturer at time of posting (if you buy from Amazon it will come at the same speed and be more expensive). OMAC advertises these crossbars as being compatible with seemingly all of the 2021/2022 BS trims produced. I was skeptical at first given that others have mentioned on here slight differences between each trim's roof racks, but decided to give it a shot.

Installation took about 90 minutes. It was tricky having to measure things out, get things exactly even, etc. There were several times when I was confused by the instructions or they left out crucial information, but I was able to figure it out. As far as the fit goes, it seems to be pretty good for the Sport. Any gaps created between the mounts and the roof racks are covered by rubber. There's also included weather stripping you measure out and cut for the bottom of the bars.

Here they are unloaded and loaded:

Ford Bronco Sport OMAC Roof Crossbars Review IMG_9806
Ford Bronco Sport OMAC Roof Crossbars Review IMG_9970

Overall, I would recommend these if you're looking for crossbars. OMAC seems to be pretty reputable and they shipped fast. Hopefully this saves somebody down the road from having to search for hours trying to find the crossbars right for them.
I liked your detailed OMAC crossbars review and pics of your BS. I'm down to my last few upgrades and decided not to spend too much on crossbars and I like the looks of the OMACs and the low cost. So ...
HOW HAVE THEY BEEN WORKING OUT FOR YOU? WOULD YOU DO ANYTHING DIFFERENT NOW THAT THEY'VE BEEN ON AWHILE? ANY TIPS FOR INSTALLING THEM? ANY GOOD VIDEO INSTALL (can't find a decent one as of today).
Thanks!
Sponsored