Romac

Base
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2020 Ford Escape SE
Awesome pics! We've been wanting to go out there and have been discussing a trip this fall. Is that entire trail relatively moderate? Are there several sort of easy trails like that? Would love to take mine off road for some light off road action but I definitely don't want to cause undue damage or get stuck in any sort of extreme.

OP
OP
DakotaBronco

DakotaBronco

First Edition
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
Awesome pics! We've been wanting to go out there and have been discussing a trip this fall. Is that entire trail relatively moderate? Are there several sort of easy trails like that? Would love to take mine off road for some light off road action but I definitely don't want to cause undue damage or get stuck in any sort of extreme.
Sheep Mountain Table Road on AllTrails
https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/south-dakota/sheep-mountain-table-road
This has a sign posting when you need high clearance on the trail and you can turn around. I went a ways beyond that sign until I was at an 11° sideways slant and backed out because it wasn't getting any better. But up until then it was great.

Ford Bronco Sport Off roading in Black Hills and Badlands of SD Resized_20210806_075407

Ford Bronco Sport Off roading in Black Hills and Badlands of SD Resized_20210806_074838

OP
OP
DakotaBronco

DakotaBronco

First Edition
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
Here's another spot in the Badlands I'd recommend, been there twice and will definitely go again

https://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/south_dakota_15016/ride_5cc2.htm

Ford Bronco Sport Off roading in Black Hills and Badlands of SD Resized_20210806_100531

Ford Bronco Sport Off roading in Black Hills and Badlands of SD Resized_20210806_103057

Ford Bronco Sport Off roading in Black Hills and Badlands of SD Resized_20210806_095800

Romac

Base
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2020 Ford Escape SE
Love the pics and thanks for the links! Coming From Kentucky, ive Had literally no exposure to anything west of here not counting Missouri so I’m completely unfamiliar with the area or what to expect, but I’m in love with the pics of the area I see (especially some of the night time photography). As we get closer to locking this down I may be hitting you up for some travel advice!

OP
OP
DakotaBronco

DakotaBronco

First Edition
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
Love the pics and thanks for the links! Coming From Kentucky, ive Had literally no exposure to anything west of here not counting Missouri so I’m completely unfamiliar with the area or what to expect, but I’m in love with the pics of the area I see (especially some of the night time photography). As we get closer to locking this down I may be hitting you up for some travel advice!
Sounds good, I'd be happy to.

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
I've seen that the BS has approach angle read-out on the display, but does it provide cross slope data?
That seems like it would be a good option to minimize rollover.

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I've seen that the BS has approach angle read-out on the display, but does it provide cross slope data?
That seems like it would be a good option to minimize rollover.
Vehicle orientation is reported on two axes (Front/Back tilt, and Left/Right tilt) with the steering-wheel angle reported in the center between the two.

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cross trek and grand caravan
Thanks for posting this. I was just searching on google for some easy trails to do in badlands/black hills with my wife this summer. Trying to get my feet wet and figured we could hit up the blacktop scenic drives while we are at it.
Sponsored