Themurph

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have a 2022 Outer Banks. I purchased these OEM crossbars (M1PZ-7855100-AA). The official description from Ford advises it should fit my model. The rubber pads on the cross bars have ridges underneath that don’t seem to fit nicely over my rails. I can’t get the cross bars tight enough on the rails for the bolt to reach the threads. What am I doing wrong? Is this the wrong part? It seems like the rubber cushioning on the crossbars is too thick.
Sponsored

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Wrong part, should be the M1PZ7855100BA crossbars, if I'm reading the description correctly.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yeah, that was a mean trick they played. The M1…-BA is for the 2022 Outer Banks whereas the M1…-AA is for the 2021 Outer Banks.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Yeah, that was a mean trick they played. The M1…-BA is for the 2022 Outer Banks whereas the M1…-AA is for the 2021 Outer Banks.
Yep, OBX now has the same rails as the BL. Odd change that makes no sense to me really.

OP
OP

Themurph

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Thanks. Well, back to the dealership…

mikeyncc

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have a 2022 Outer Banks. I purchased these OEM crossbars (M1PZ-7855100-AA). The official description from Ford advises it should fit my model. The rubber pads on the cross bars have ridges underneath that don’t seem to fit nicely over my rails. I can’t get the cross bars tight enough on the rails for the bolt to reach the threads. What am I doing wrong? Is this the wrong part? It seems like the rubber cushioning on the crossbars is too thick.
Same problem over here. Just yank the rubber pads and it will work. Totally remove the locking mechanism from the bar, place the bar over the slot, stick the flange in the slot and push. Aligning the screw with the hole is a pain but be patient. Feel free to ask questions.....
Ford Bronco Sport OEM Crossbars issue IMG_0107

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
21 OBX. OEM crossbars before the change and I can confirm, those things are just a pain in the ass to get on.
Sponsored