Rvajeff

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks 2021
Picked up my OB about a week ago and couldn’t be happier. Especially with mileage. I traded in a Honda CRV so I knew I wouldn’t get anything close to what I was getting with that (38 mpg ) but I’m shocked so far that with almost all backroad driving (no highway ) I’m averaging 31!

My only two wishes are that it would retain the “GOAT” mode the vehicle was last in (I keep it ECO mode most of the time so far ) and that Auto start on/off thing. I literally hate that. I feel like I’ve stalled every time I stop at a light and start going again. Yes, you can turn it off but you have to do it every time.

Otherwise though, very happy.
Sponsored

226ra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Picked up my OB about a week ago and couldn’t be happier. Especially with mileage. I traded in a Honda CRV so I knew I wouldn’t get anything close to what I was getting with that (38 mpg ) but I’m shocked so far that with almost all backroad driving (no highway ) I’m averaging 31!

My only two wishes are that it would retain the “GOAT” mode the vehicle was last in (I keep it ECO mode most of the time so far ) and that Auto start on/off thing. I literally hate that. I feel like I’ve stalled every time I stop at a light and start going again. Yes, you can turn it off but you have to do it every time.

Otherwise though, very happy.
Thanks! I wonder what your MPG around town would have been without the gas saving stop start function (as annoying as it may be)?

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
When I get Into my BS and start it there are controls I Interact with.
I cannot Imagine the single click of the auto S/S button to be an Issue.
I quickly got to where It's a non-Issue and now Ignore it. Besides if my engine shuts down
and I feel the need for a quick start line jump I just lighten up on the brake pedal and the
Engine starts.
It remains running until I pass 6 mph I think It was.
Someone else said a simple Inexpensive light plugged in the back or anything with a small
power drain while the engine is running will disable the start stop.
I'd try that before I dropped a C-note to disable it.

FWIW mine starts as I lift my foot off the brake, and In a fast start It has not been a problem at all.

OP
OP

Rvajeff

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I wonder what your MPG around town would have been without the gas saving stop start function (as annoying as it may be)?
Don’t know although I have been turning it off when I think about it. I can’t imagine it saves that much gas having it on

Bobby L

Outer Banks
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport, Audi RS5, Ford F-250
I start engine, three super quick clicks to the right on the GOAT...Sport...done! Every time, easy Peasy!

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don’t know although I have been turning it off when I think about it. I can’t imagine it saves that much gas having it on
In city traffic in can save fuel but mostly it helps with the smog. Imagine every car doing this in a city like LA or NYC. People would breathe better no doubt.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Far far into the future, 1,000 years or more an Alien race of Anthropologists arrive to a dead poisonous earth.
The write up will look like this,
"These humans so loved the automobile they drained the entire planet of its fossil fuels and in doing so they poisoned themselves to the point their Immune systems weakend and a virus killed them off.
They had ample warnings. The first they named Covid 19".
I'm dead serious...

OP
OP

Rvajeff

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So another week has passed and my mpg has continued to increase to 33.2. Filled up for the first time today after driving 530 miles on my 16 gallon tank.

Again, none of this was highway driving. It wasn’t what I would call city driving either but lots of backroads with different speeds and turns. I really couldn’t be more pleased with the mileage since this is approaching what I got from my 2017 CRV.

I’ve gotten used to the Auto On/Off deal and it is what it is. Don’t have a feel for if and how much this feature impacts my great mileage.

Also I’m not seeing much of a difference between Normal and Eco modes but maybe this is because of the kind of driving I’ve been doing. Most of those 530 miles have been driven in Normal.

Bobby L

Outer Banks
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport, Audi RS5, Ford F-250
So another week has passed and my mpg has continued to increase to 33.2. Filled up for the first time today after driving 530 miles on my 16 gallon tank.

Again, none of this was highway driving. It wasn’t what I would call city driving either but lots of backroads with different speeds and turns. I really couldn’t be more pleased with the mileage since this is approaching what I got from my 2017 CRV.

I’ve gotten used to the Auto On/Off deal and it is what it is. Don’t have a feel for if and how much this feature impacts my great mileage.

Also I’m not seeing much of a difference between Normal and Eco modes but maybe this is because of the kind of driving I’ve been doing. Most of those 530 miles have been driven in Normal.
I have 600 + mikes on mine and can’t get it past 21.6 mpg. But I drive in Sport, never any other mode. It also btw over rides the auto stop start feature. I can’t believe there would be that much difference in mileage between Sport & Normal!?

OP
OP

Rvajeff

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems like Sport mode eats a lot more gas than Normal mode. Don’t know what to tell you, those are my numbers.

OP
OP

Rvajeff

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also drive pretty conservatively. I don’t accelerate quickly from lights, etc. because I’m more interested in mileage than I am in speed. I just like knowing Sport mode is there when I want it or need it.

TinyCadon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plymouth Volarie
I have 600 + mikes on mine and can’t get it past 21.6 mpg. But I drive in Sport, never any other mode. It also btw over rides the auto stop start feature. I can’t believe there would be that much difference in mileage between Sport & Normal!?
Used sport for the 1st time today after getting 1,000 miles on the odometer. Find that compared to Normal it definitely makes the Sport quicker to respond to throttle input. I'm thinking that's because the Sport mode holds on to the revs longer, keeping you in the "meat" of the power band, instead of waiting to get up to 3,000rpms (peak torque), you're already there when you punch it. But since you're in the turbo boost more than in the Normal mode it's definitely going to take a toll on your MPGs.
Sponsored

Last edited: