No sound from rear speakers

Murr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Somehow I just realized after over a year with my Badlands that no speakers past the front seats do anything at all. It’s not a matter of adjusting the fade. All that does it make the front speakers quieter. I can record a video if that’s helpful. Does anyone have any ideas?
Sponsored

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Somehow I just realized after over a year with my Badlands that no speakers past the front seats do anything at all. It’s not a matter of adjusting the fade. All that does it make the front speakers quieter. I can record a video if that’s helpful. Does anyone have any ideas?
Do you have speakers set to front seat or all seats. Settings, sound,

OP
OP
Murr

Murr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I have the B&O. I tried switching from surround to stereo and no difference. It’s like they’re not even hooked up.

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
I wonder if Warranty even covers this. I had to take my f150 into my dealer to have a horn replaced as it went bad. I was told that nothing that emits sound is covered under the full warranty. I would assume this also fits under that category.

Jess1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Say what? Any service person making that claim to me gets laughed at. Loudly.
Warranty time!

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I wonder if Warranty even covers this. I had to take my f150 into my dealer to have a horn replaced as it went bad. I was told that nothing that emits sound is covered under the full warranty. I would assume this also fits under that category.
Everything on stereo is covered for 3/36 ... after that your on your own.. my niece blew every speaker but 1 on her brand new focus and was covered under warranty

Spillage74

Badlands
First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I've got a similar experience with my badlands. Lost the front right audio channel. I did upgrade my speakers and tweeters, and the worked fine. Then one day, the front right and tweeters just quit. Ive got no voltage coming from the head unit and the speakers test good on Ohms. I'm afraid the dealership is going to deny me warranty rerpair because I've changed the speakers out, even though its clearly a head unit issue.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I've got a similar experience with my badlands. Lost the front right audio channel. I did upgrade my speakers and tweeters, and the worked fine. Then one day, the front right and tweeters just quit. Ive got no voltage coming from the head unit and the speakers test good on Ohms. I'm afraid the dealership is going to deny me warranty rerpair because I've changed the speakers out, even though its clearly a head unit issue.
Hi there! Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end. Thanks!

OP
OP
Murr

Murr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, I had no idea Ford was on this forum! Does the offer to private message you apply to me too?

seoden88

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Badlands
This is not true everything that is stock on vehicle is under warranty

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Unbelievable, LoL
3/36 means no problems at all,
Unless it’s obvious customer abuse.
Back in the day when my dad financed a car for 12 or 24 months
He always traded it in in the 36 month or just before 36,000 miles,
Always.
But most normal automobiles were not so over complicated and overpriced.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
The New Vehicle Limited Warranty document that came with your vehicle lists things that are not covered. Generally, these fall into three broad categories: Damage, modification, and wear. Under the wear category, Ford lists:
  • oil changes
  • oils, lubricants, other fluids
  • oil/air filters
  • tire rotation/inflation
  • cleaning/polishing
  • clutch linings
  • wiper blades*
  • wheel alignments and tire balancing*
  • brake pad/lining*
There are caveats for wiper blades, wheel alignment/tire balancing, and brake pads.

I couldn't find any category titled "things that emit sound."

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Your speakers are covered under warranty. Only things not covered are wear and tear items, wipes, brake pads, rotors, etc. The dsp on the Ford amp is very front biased. Meaning you basically get no sound out of the rears. If even after fading front to rear you aren’t getting any sound still it’s probs more an amp issue. I had speakers blown that were covered the first time they blew, but took a few months for Ford to actually do anything. Try DL the newest sync 3.0 update online and updating it in the vehicle. Also try holding the headunit power button and the RT skip button to reset it. If that doesn’t help your stuck waiting on Ford parts for the next few months. I’ve been waiting on parts since I got mine.
Sponsored