Brader2

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
So, I bought a BB with BB package back in September and I love it. My wife bought the exact vehicle…well, it’s a different color and she loves hers. Here is my dilemma. I’ve heard of so many ppl selling to make a profit and I was curious…so I went to the dealership today and found a BL and two BB with a couple more items than I have on mine, like hitch, mud flaps and cargo management. Well, I talked to my salesman and I explained to him that I’d like to see what the numbers are on the BL and BB. Mine came back appraised with 3k ahead of what I owe. So, I want the BL but they want to keep my new A/T tires I just put on a week ago. I put 235/65/17 Toyo’s on and I love them. So, I left the dealership and my salesman reassured me to hold firm and they will give in. I put a hundred bucks on it to hold for me until tomorrow.

My question(s) are what kind of fuel economy is everyone getting in the BL because I commute about 1500 a month for work. Plus I’ll obviously be driving this more than just for work. I don’t care much about putting miles on because they are made to drive. I would like honest opinions on whether you are happy with the BL. After running the numbers at the dealership and contacting my credit union and getting a great rate…my payment goes up 5 bucks a month. I tried calling the insurance company to get a solid quote vs my BB but I have not heard back as of yet. I am hoping that it won’t be a huge amount more for the BL vs my BB. So, any insight/feedback would be greatly appreciated. I would love to have the BL but I can’t give my new A/T tires (5 of them) away and don’t want a huge increase in insurance. I am 54 with a great driving record and we have 3 vehicles insured. Again, thank you.

Ford Bronco Sport Need help… 1F91AB27-1DDE-468E-BE05-3D71BD3619C6

Ford Bronco Sport Need help… 42E92147-FA31-4036-8BE8-E55595D1D1B8

Ford Bronco Sport Need help… 6A596B39-D429-4786-BAF7-DC11FA6F1011
Sponsored

JEspey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
We test drove an OB but we decided we wouldn’t trade my Edge for it. Found BL to test drive a few weeks later. What a difference. Stronger engine, better suspension, comfortable cloth seats. We were hooked and bought it in April. 13,000 miles later and we couldn’t be happier. I get 26 mpg mixed highway/in town usage. Highly recommend the BL.

OP
OP
Brader2

Brader2

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We test drove an OB but we decided we wouldn’t trade my Edge for it. Found BL to test drive a few weeks later. What a difference. Stronger engine, better suspension, comfortable cloth seats. We were hooked and bought it in April. 13,000 miles later and we couldn’t be happier. I get 26 mpg mixed highway/in town usage. Highly recommend the BL.
Thank you so much.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
So, I bought a BB with BB package back in September and I love it. My wife bought the exact vehicle…well, it’s a different color and she loves hers. Here is my dilemma. I’ve heard of so many ppl selling to make a profit and I was curious…so I went to the dealership today and found a BL and two BB with a couple more items than I have on mine, like hitch, mud flaps and cargo management. Well, I talked to my salesman and I explained to him that I’d like to see what the numbers are on the BL and BB. Mine came back appraised with 3k ahead of what I owe. So, I want the BL but they want to keep my new A/T tires I just put on a week ago. I put 235/65/17 Toyo’s on and I love them. So, I left the dealership and my salesman reassured me to hold firm and they will give in. I put a hundred bucks on it to hold for me until tomorrow.

My question(s) are what kind of fuel economy is everyone getting in the BL because I commute about 1500 a month for work. Plus I’ll obviously be driving this more than just for work. I don’t care much about putting miles on because they are made to drive. I would like honest opinions on whether you are happy with the BL. After running the numbers at the dealership and contacting my credit union and getting a great rate…my payment goes up 5 bucks a month. I tried calling the insurance company to get a solid quote vs my BB but I have not heard back as of yet. I am hoping that it won’t be a huge amount more for the BL vs my BB. So, any insight/feedback would be greatly appreciated. I would love to have the BL but I can’t give my new A/T tires (5 of them) away and don’t want a huge increase in insurance. I am 54 with a great driving record and we have 3 vehicles insured. Again, thank you.

Ford Bronco Sport Need help… 1F91AB27-1DDE-468E-BE05-3D71BD3619C6

Ford Bronco Sport Need help… 42E92147-FA31-4036-8BE8-E55595D1D1B8

Ford Bronco Sport Need help… 6A596B39-D429-4786-BAF7-DC11FA6F1011
I have what they call a first edition which is a fancy badlands . The 2.0 has more power than you will ever need . I am from Pittsburgh pa mostly hills and city driving, city 18 or so highway 27.7 which I was very pleased with . I have had mine since February I am a retired guy so not as many miles driven lately. It is a blast to drive , this suv out of all Broncos made sports and the other ones is the fastest 0 to 60 at 5.9 sec . Not that it is important but adds to the fun factor. If I am not seeing things I do believe that the badlands that you are showing does in fact have the same tires as mine falken at3 235/65/17. Unless my old eyes are failing me. 5 dollars do it . Oh yes sports are rated number one in the Ins industry. I pay about 400.00 per year for that one . 12 month .

Ford Bronco Sport Need help… 234B8C67-FDF0-4C66-81F5-60E6369031F7

Ford Bronco Sport Need help… 4C700456-13AA-4E49-8F87-3007FCC0F94C

OP
OP
Brader2

Brader2

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have what they call a first edition which is a fancy badlands . The 2.0 has more power than you will ever need . I am from Pittsburgh pa mostly hills and city driving, city 18 or so highway 27.7 which I was very pleased with . I have had mine since February I am a retired guy so not as many miles driven lately. It is a blast to drive , this suv out of all Broncos made sports and the other ones is the fastest 0 to 60 at 5.9 sec . Not that it is important but adds to the fun factor. If I am not seeing things I do believe that the badlands that you are showing does in fact have the same tires as mine falken at3 235/65/17. Unless my old eyes are failing me. 5 dollars do it . Oh yes sports are rated number one in the Ins industry. I pay about 400.00 per year for that one . 12 month .

Yours looks outstanding!!! Thanks for the info. The BL I am looking at does not come with BL package…which I personally prefer. It has the 225/65/17 Pirelli Scorpion ATR but I have brand new Toyo Open Country ATIII in 235/65/17 that I will put on.

Last edited:

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yours looks outstanding!!! Thanks for the info. The BL I am looking at does not come with BL package…which I personally prefer. It has the 225/64/17 Pirelli Scorpion ATR but I have brand new Toyo Open Country ATIII in 235/65/17 that I will put on.
Yes you won’t miss the moonroof. I haven’t opened mine since I got it I do pull the shade open . By the way they do have that bronco script in white and other colors .

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Yes you won’t miss the moonroof. I haven’t opened mine since I got it I do pull the shade open . By the way they do have that bronco script in white and other colors .
I love the Bronco Script

Justin

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend + BB
A yellow Badlands just arrived at my dealer. I don't know if I want to trade in my BB or what...

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A yellow Badlands just arrived at my dealer. I don't know if I want to trade in my BB or what...
You got to love that yellow or not . I think it looks sharp with the piano black roof and side pillars.

OP
OP
Brader2

Brader2

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am in the exact same boat. I went to look at other BB with cargo management, mud flaps and hitch…then I noticed the BL in shadow black. Well, the dealer offered me 3k more than I owe and my payment for the BL (no BL package) would be 5 dollars more a month. I put a deposit on it. The only hang up is, I just put new A/T tires on a week ago (bought 5) and they cost me 900 dollars. The dealer wants my tires as part of the trade. I said “no”. I want the dealer to take my vehicle with the original continental tires and put my new tires on the BL. I told them that if I don’t get my tires…no deal. I’m not giving away 900 worth of brand new tires that I waited three weeks to get after I ordered them.

Justin

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend + BB
I am in the exact same boat. I went to look at other BB with cargo management, mud flaps and hitch…then I noticed the BL in shadow black. Well, the dealer offered me 3k more than I owe and my payment for the BL (no BL package) would be 5 dollars more a month. I put a deposit on it. The only hang up is, I just put new A/T tires on a week ago (bought 5) and they cost me 900 dollars. The dealer wants my tires as part of the trade. I said “no”. I want the dealer to take my vehicle with the original continental tires and put my new tires on the BL. I told them that if I don’t get my tires…no deal. I’m not giving away 900 worth of brand new tires that I waited three weeks to get after I ordered them.
Honestly, I'm not thrilled about the colour of the Badlands, that's the only thing stopping me at this point.

I haven't seen any other rapid red around my neck of the woods, and the BB+BB is kind of nice as-is. Having the 2.0L and a little bit better AWD would be beneficial around here, I'd just have to accept that it would be a 5 year vehicle instead of 3.

The one I'm looking at is BL+BL with towing. Can't really go wrong...

Reactions: Jrl

SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

I got my BS FE in March, and rented a BS BB in Sept when I flew into Texas for Bronco Off-Roadeo. Big difference!
I love my "fancy Badlands," the 2.0L really puts the Sport is BS. And I get 28+ MPG.
In other news, Bronco script is great eye candy!

Orin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I love my ride! I test drove the 1.5L and 2.0L and power difference was most noticeable. It does 0-60 in around 5.9's stock. That is fast especially for a SUV/Crossover. Price difference between the 2 was about $500 so I saw no reason to buy the smaller engine. They had a loaded Outer Banks and a basic Badlands with only $300 worth of options. I don't care much for sunroofs, leather seats (could have been fake leather), heated steering ect.

CaptainCrud

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Regarding your question about BL fuel economy - you may have seen this already, but here's another thread discussing exactly that:

Pretty good MPG with the Badlands!

The short story is that it looks like most people are getting numbers that are reasonably close to the projected EPA rating; 25-28ish highway, around 20ish in city.
Sponsored

Last edited: