AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ford supposedly won't release certain Bronco Sports from their lots due to the "recalled brakes" issued on EVERY SINGLE BS manufactured last year (along with 60k Ford Escapes dealing with the same exact recall issue).
Ford wasn't legally* allowed by Federal Law to sell a brand new vehicle with an open recall.
But they did.
Hence all of the kerbobble, DeJ64. ?
The sports with electric power brake boosters are not part of recall. Only the ones with vacuum power brake boosters are affected by the recall.
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Did anyone ever figure out how to identify which booster they may have?
The vacuum boosters look like traditional vacuum boosters that have been around for decades.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Ford wasn't legally* allowed by Federal Law to sell a brand new vehicle with an open recall.
But they did.
No they didn't. Those vehicles were sold prior to the recall notice. If you actually read the letter above, Ford issued strict restrictions to dealers against this and it's clear there are stiff penalties for doing so.

Sbrink

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 bronco sport outer banks
No they didn't. Those vehicles were sold prior to the recall notice. If you actually read the letter above, Ford issued strict restrictions to dealers against this and it's clear there are stiff penalties for doing so.
I bought mine this past Wednesday and wasn’t able to drive it off the lot because of the recall (which they told me about as I was signing papers). They are definitely still out there selling them.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
I bought mine this past Wednesday and wasn’t able to drive it off the lot because of the recall (which they told me about as I was signing papers). They are definitely still out there selling them.
The language states that the recall must be completed prior to delivery to the purchaser or lessee.

IMO they should not be doing the paperwork until the recall is completed. IMO once the paperwork is signed and payment is completed, the vehicle belongs to the owner regardless of where it's parked.

Sbrink

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 bronco sport outer banks
The language states that the recall must be completed prior to delivery to the purchaser or lessee.

IMO they should not be doing the paperwork until the recall is completed. IMO once the paperwork is signed and payment is completed, the vehicle belongs to the owner regardless of where it's parked.
I definitely agree with you there! They were super slimy about it. Waited until I was signing papers and told me it would be about a week or two for the part to come in. Wasn't until I got home to research that I found out it's looking like I will be making payments on a car that is sitting in their lot. Not sure what more I can do though..

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
I definitely agree with you there! They were super slimy about it. Waited until I was signing papers and told me it would be about a week or two for the part to come in. Wasn't until I got home to research that I found out it's looking like I will be making payments on a car that is sitting in their lot. Not sure what more I can do though..
I think this is a case that deserves attention from @Ford Motor Company as it seems your dealer is walking a fine line, if not already crossed it. If you truly own it then I don't think there's anything the dealer can do to prevent you from driving it off the lot.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6309

Exactly! Thank you, Sbrink!!

Status
Not open for further replies.