KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
I am starting to rethink that issue. I would hate to miss out on a Badlands again and when I test drove one last week I was disappointed with the moonroof because it did not open as much as I expected it too. I suppose I shouldnt be staring at the moon while driving anyway :wink:
Haha! I hear you. Trust me, I am very into moonroof/sunroofs too, but I didnā€™t mind not having it to own this vehicle. I had a panoramic sunroof before this car so itā€™s definitely a big change, but I can live without it. The BS is that cool to me ā˜ŗ
Keep us updated on your search!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Spike

Spike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid
Wondering if anyone has had any success ordering a BS with moonroof this week?

DanielFE

First Edition
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE
Just offering an opinion based on my own personal experience...

I love moonroofs/sunroofs and believe that every single vehicle i have owned, including a 1958 Porsche 356 had one. Wait, my 1986 VW Westfalia Syncro had a pop-top but no sunroof.
With many cars, like the current generation Mini Cooper, I think of the sunroof as an absolutely mandatory option. The current panoramic roof designs on modern vehicles are exceptional. Give me a black/dark headliner with a sunroof and i am elated.

But i have to agree with member "Jrl", Ive owned an FE since December and this is by far the least usable sunroof design I've ever seen. I would gladly trade that tiny opening for an additional 50lbs of usable dynamic weight capacity on the roof.

Daniel

OP
OP
Spike

Spike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Placed the order tonight with the moonroof, not a problem.
Congrats on your order and thanks for the update. I have tried for 3 days to get my order placed and starting to realize the salesman I have been working with and the source of my information is very confused. I wanted the new Velocity Blue and he couldn't find it on the list so I asked are you looking at MY22 and it turns out the answer was no.

I am going back tomorrow for the 3rd time this week to attempt to get the order placed. The Bronco sales manager is supposed to be in tomorrow he has been out all week.

I updated the subject of this thread based on these revelations. Don't want to be the source of mis-information.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Spike

Spike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just offering an opinion based on my own personal experience...

I love moonroofs/sunroofs and believe that every single vehicle i have owned, including a 1958 Porsche 356 had one. Wait, my 1986 VW Westfalia Syncro had a pop-top but no sunroof.
With many cars, like the current generation Mini Cooper, I think of the sunroof as an absolutely mandatory option. The current panoramic roof designs on modern vehicles are exceptional. Give me a black/dark headliner with a sunroof and i am elated.

But i have to agree with member "Jrl", Ive owned an FE since December and this is by far the least usable sunroof design I've ever seen. I would gladly trade that tiny opening for an additional 50lbs of usable dynamic weight capacity on the roof.

Daniel
Thanks for the thoughts. When I looked at one briefly I was disappointed with the actual opening for the size of the roof and noticed it pops up and slides out instead of sliding back into the roof like my Mazda CX9 sunroof does. With the glass up and exposed seems like a potential problem.

Last edited:

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Thanks for the thoughts. When I looked at one briefly I was disappointed with the actual opening for the size of the roof and noticed it pops up and slides out instead of sliding back into the roof like my Mazda CX9 sunroof does. With the glass up and exposed seems like a potential problem.
Yeah. The first rock toss on the highway or trail andā€¦blam!

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I came out of a Ford Edge Sport, all options completely loaded and I rarely used the panoramic roof. I mostly used at night (or in the early morning on way to sitter) because my son loved to look at the stars. I donā€™t miss it at all. And I agree with @DanielFE the extra weight capacity is more important in a vehicle like the Bronco Sport.

OP
OP
Spike

Spike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I placed my order today for a Badlands with the premium package but decided not to go with the moonroof. It's nice to have the option and when I started this thread I wanted the moonroof. I have had a moonroof in every vehicle I have owned for the past 30 years and never had an issue with them.

But after considering the comments and my own reservations from having briefly seen one in a Badlands that I almost owned I am moving on with that decision. There was another outside influence as well. It will be one less thing for my wife to nag me about. Just about every time I opened it with her in the car she would ask me to close it, the wind is messing my hair, the sun is in my face, it's too noisy ........ and she tells me she would love to have a convertible Mustang. No she wouldn't.
Sponsored