MY22 orders with Moonroof

Spike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid
Seems I may never own a Bronco Sport. Yesterday the Palm Coast dealer held my MY21 order hostage for an extra $6895 and I walked on that order.

So today I went to seek an honorable dealer to place an order for a MY22 only to be told they are not taking any more orders with the moonroofs because demand has exceeded supply ... go figure I could have had Badlands Sport w/o the moonroof last March but passed on it and placed an order for one with the moonroof. (here's a laugh the dealer told me it would only take 6-8 weeks and I believed him, and I believed he would honor the Xplan price too).
Sponsored

bk1287

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jetta
Seems I may never own a Bronco Sport. Yesterday the Palm Coast dealer held my MY21 order hostage for an extra $6895 and I walked on that order.

So today I went to seek an honorable dealer to place an order for a MY22 only to be told they are not taking any more orders with the moonroofs because demand has exceeded supply ... go figure I could have had Badlands Sport w/o the moonroof last March but passed on it and placed an order for one with the moonroof. (here's a laugh the dealer told me it would only take 6-8 weeks and I believed him, and I believed he would honor the Xplan price too).
Really hope that's not the case because i'm literally ordering a BL this week and wanted a moonroof.

OP
OP
Spike

Spike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really hope that's not the case because i'm literally ordering a BL this week and wanted a moonroof.
I was told they expected a lower demand for them because they got so many complaints about them being bundled with the Packages in MY21.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
We skipped the moonroof. I have had some and realized I never used them or noticed them and in one car we never slide back the cover.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

hopefully people will stop going to palm coast. They sound like roaches

bowhunter3714

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
I called the dealer last Friday to set up an appointment in Oct to come in and order a 2022 Badlands and was told the order banks were not opened yet. He told me he could order it as a 2021 and it should roll over into a 2022 on its own in the system. I told him all what until the 2022 banks open.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray

The dealer is not well informed,you can order moonroof ,must be a standalone item.And also you can order but production doesn’t start until November.Ask to speck to the buyer or gm .

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I purchased my BL off the lot a few months ago and it had the BL package with the Moonroof. I would have been fine if it didn't have the Moonroof since I rarely use it

Dogula

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I called the dealer last Friday to set up an appointment in Oct to come in and order a 2022 Badlands and was told the order banks were not opened yet. He told me he could order it as a 2021 and it should roll over into a 2022 on its own in the system. I told him all what until the 2022 banks open.
I don't where your dealer is getting their info, but order banks opened 8/30. I ordered a Badlands on 8/31.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I purchased my BL off the lot a few months ago and it had the BL package with the Moonroof. I would have been fine if it didn't have the Moonroof since I rarely use it
First edition since March 10 opened my roof 2 times.

OP
OP
Spike

Spike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you are able to place your order with a moonroof please let me know and I will try again with another dealer.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
That makes no sense. On blue oval they posted the ford weekly which said the 2021s were already balanced out which mean no more orders and no more builds that what has a build date already that was a number of weeks ago. if you try to order a 2021 it will not go through nor roll over. The 2022 banks opened on august 30 as scheduled. Most of us already have in 2022 orders since then with vins assigned and production weeks assigned. i spoke to ford motor and they showed my 2022 order scheduled for production. The dealer is up in the night. You should call another dealer. Plus you don’t need an appointment. It only takes like 30 minutes. Just walk in and grab someone. We did.

this is the most recent balance out report and as you can see on the last entry of the report, the 2021 BS is done which means orders done eveythnigmscheduled for a build and anything not scheduled is not going to be made. You can’t order a 2021 and 2022s have been orderable for almost a month. If you want a 2022 in a decent time frame you better get in your order, especially if a badlands,

Balance Out Information
  • 21MY EcoSport Balance Out – Final 21MY EcoSport orders were due on Thursday, August 19.
  • 21MY Explorer Balance Out – Final 21MY Explorer orders were due on Thursday, August 26. Spec changes and cancellations were shut off on Thursday, August 26.
  • 21MY Bronco Balance Out – Final 21MY Bronco orders will be due on Thursday, September 30. Please note: All Scheduled & UNSCHEDULED spec changes and cancellations will be shut off in WBDO on Friday, October 1. Therefore, please make sure all your unscheduled orders are spec’d exactly as you would like them prior to October 1.
  • 21MY Ranger Balance Out – Final 21MY Ranger orders are due on Thursday, September 30. Spec changes and cancellation will be shut off on Thursday, September 30.
  • 21MY Expedition Balance Out – Final 21MY Expedition orders are due on Thursday, October 7. Spec changes and cancellation will be shut off on Thursday, October 7.
  • 21MY Transit Balance Out – 21MY Transit has balanced out. Spec changes and cancellations have been shut off.
  • 21MY Mustang Balance Out – Please note that the following options have balanced out for 21MY Mustang:
    • Black Painted Roof (94B)
    • Penske Tape Stripe (47W) - GT500's with the Tape Stripe will have to remove the option in order to schedule.
    • Mach 1 Handling Package (60K)
  • 21MY Escape Balance Out - 21MY Escape PHEV is balanced out.
  • 21MY Mach E Iconic Silver Paint Early Balance Out – Iconic Silver paint (JS) balanced out on Thursday, August 26.
  • 21MY Edge Balance Out – 21MY Edge has balanced out.
  • 21MY Bronco Sport Balance Out – 21MY Bronco Sport has balanced

Last edited:

bowhunter3714

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Thank you for all the information. I'm contacting a dealer in Silina Kansas, the internet sales department at Long Arthur Ford. You can watch their YouTube channel about the 2022 sprot changes and ordering information through them.. It's about 350 miles from our house but they do not increase the price once it's built. They just ask that you finance the vehicle through Ford Credit.

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
A moonroof wasn’t a deal breaker for me. My OB doesn’t have one and I am ok with that - just wanted the car badly. Plus it’s just more mechanical things to go wrong (my husband always tells me that, he hates moonroofs). At this point in time, I wouldn’t be so particular since it’s hard to get BS’s now, especially BL. Obviously, it’s a big investment, but it comes down to how badly you want one regardless of it missing some features. Good luck to you! I hope you find your BL soon ?

OP
OP
Spike

Spike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A moonroof wasn’t a deal breaker for me. My OB doesn’t have one and I am ok with that - just wanted the car badly. Plus it’s just more mechanical things to go wrong (my husband always tells me that, he hates moonroofs). At this point in time, I wouldn’t be so particular since it’s hard to get BS’s now, especially BL. Obviously, it’s a big investment, but it comes down to how badly you want one regardless of it missing some features. Good luck to you! I hope you find your BL soon ?
I am starting to rethink that issue. I would hate to miss out on a Badlands again and when I test drove one last week I was disappointed with the moonroof because it did not open as much as I expected it too. I suppose I shouldnt be staring at the moon while driving anyway :wink:
Sponsored