Raff Catalan

First Name
Raff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Wildtrak
I took the Bronco Sport out of the garage and went out with the family to test its capacity by accompanying jeeps prepared on the 1st off road that I participated with him in Brazil!

• 1st off road with my Bronco Sport accompanying prepared jeeps

• Without cuts! Bronco Sport in the 5 best moments of the 1st off road

• Damages and changes to my Bronco Sport after the 1st off road

Sponsored

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
A lot of questions. What tires and wheels were you running?
Did you have it in rock crawl with rear diff locked When needed? Thatā€™ was a lot of dirt flying off the wheels.
How skilled were your spotters?
That seems like a lot of tearing in the front for a vehicle with good approach angles so I am curious how you did so much damage and also needed a strap tow?

Last edited:

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
A lot of questions. What tires were you running?
Did you have it in rock crawl with rear diff locked When needed? Thatā€™ was a lot of dirt flying off the wheels.
How skilled were your spotters?
That seems like a lot of tearing in the front for a vehicle with good approach angles and not a lot of rocks so I am curious how you did so much damage and also needed a strap tow?
To be honest the bottom of the Sport is not built very well for off roading. It has a ton of plastic and fabric underneath.

This guy was also driving it very hard. He was driving up really deep dusty dry trails. No matter what you're driving you're going to get a lot of wheelspin. The Sport also lacks low range, which is what you need for those kinds of hills. What he needed tow strap for was was really steep and slippery.

EDIT: It looks like he's got those pirelli scorpions on there which are not good off-road tires.

Out of curiosity did the all-wheel drive overheat while you were doing that?

Last edited:

BroncoSportVA

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Love the comradery. There are quite a bit of "cosmetic" damages to the bottom - but to some they are a badge of honor.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
This BS has tow hooks, which suggest that it's a Badlands. But you are right, I don't see any badges on the sides either.
Itā€™s the wildtrack which is equivalent to a badlands up here in the US.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
To be honest the bottom of the Sport is not built very well for off roading. It has a ton of plastic and fabric underneath.

This guy was also driving it very hard. He was driving up really deep dusty dry trails. No matter what you're driving you're going to get a lot of wheelspin. The Sport also lacks low range, which is what you need for those kinds of hills. What he needed tow strap for was was really steep and slippery.

EDIT: It looks like he's got those pirelli scorpions on there which are not good off-road tires.

Out of curiosity did the all-wheel drive overheat while you were doing that?
Yeah agree, I would like to see a bumper replacement to have non plastic cosmetic option. Also waiting for good better skid plates. Sound deadening only collects dustā€¦blech

Low range I agree is the hardest thing to lack.

For those trails I will take my FJ Cruiser. That baby has low, rear diff lock, A Trac, ( (and I can run the locking diff and A Trac at same time) great angles, etc and you can replace the bumpers with body armor. The rest of the body is tough.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Also, it's a base sport so not as well equipped for that intense of off roading.
No, one of the three videos shows him putting it in ā€˜rock crawlā€™ mode. Thatā€™s the seven mode goat system not on the base. Mine is a base model and it does all I need but I have no crawl mode.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I was just really glad to see a skilled pilot take us to the limits of the BS.
Was tired of all the rolling down the dirt roads and splashing in puddles videos that tell us absolutely nothing about the BS.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser