Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport outer banks

Spartan007

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Where did you find the bronco decal/badge on door?? Looks sick! And how was it attached? 3M tape?

OP
OP
Dan.Bronco

Dan.Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport outer banks
Where did you find the bronco decal/badge on door?? Looks sick! And how was it attached? 3M tape?
The horse emblem I have actually removed, I didn’t like the thickness on it. I felt it cluttered the smooth lines of the bronco sport, it was also an older design than the current horse. Slightly more detailed and rounder, vs the squarer version on on the current generation, the tail also goes in the opposite direction.

I bought these from eBay in chrome and plasti dipped them myself. And yes simple 3m tape installation, I did also note that they only had left side ones so my right side was running against the car which ultimately led me to the decision to remove them.

If you are referring to the matte black outer banks emblems on the more recent pictures. They are courtesy of @VortexSigns they are vinyl decals. I think the look much cleaner on the vehicle I am very happy with them.

They also have other designs if you wanted to go for a decal of the current generation horse, I believe that would look loads better, the thickness of the old school emblems just looked out of place in most lights so that’s why I wouldn’t recommend. But the decals from vortex signs I couldn’t recommend enough.

Spartan007

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
The horse emblem I have actually removed, I didn’t like the thickness on it. I felt it cluttered the smooth lines of the bronco sport, it was also an older design than the current horse. Slightly more detailed and rounder, vs the squarer version on on the current generation, the tail also goes in the opposite direction.

I bought these from eBay in chrome and plasti dipped them myself. And yes simple 3m tape installation, I did also note that they only had left side ones so my right side was running against the car which ultimately led me to the decision to remove them.

If you are referring to the matte black outer banks emblems on the more recent pictures. They are courtesy of @VortexSigns they are vinyl decals. I think the look much cleaner on the vehicle I am very happy with them.

They also have other designs if you wanted to go for a decal of the current generation horse, I believe that would look loads better, the thickness of the old school emblems just looked out of place in most lights so that’s why I wouldn’t recommend. But the decals from vortex signs I couldn’t recommend enough.

Spartan007

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks for the info! I have actually seen the vinyl decals and was debating between the two. You've helped make my decision easier lol. I am actually planning on getting the Falken AT Trail tires on my BB. Debating 225 vs 235 (leaning towards 235) Don't want to add lift or make any modifications so your info on the 235s has helped. I read in earlier post that you have not experienced any rub. Have you tested full lock and have you taken it off road? Still no rub? Thanks!

OP
OP
Dan.Bronco

Dan.Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport outer banks
Thanks for the info! I have actually seen the vinyl decals and was debating between the two. You've helped make my decision easier lol. I am actually planning on getting the Falken AT Trail tires on my BB. Debating 225 vs 235 (leaning towards 235) Don't want to add lift or make any modifications so your info on the 235s has helped. I read in earlier post that you have not experienced any rub. Have you tested full lock and have you taken it off road? Still no rub? Thanks!
Glad I could be of help.

I have done around 13k miles since my tire swap with no rub, very little road noise and mpg impact.

I’ve driven 2-3 times off road recreationally nothing to serious but some moderate trails, no issues.

however, I work in sales in… let’s call it agriculture. So I spend a lot of time off paved roads in farm land, still no issues.

No lift either.

Spartan007

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Glad I could be of help.

I have done around 13k miles since my tire swap with no rub, very little road noise and mpg impact.

I’ve driven 2-3 times off road recreationally nothing to serious but some moderate trails, no issues.

however, I work in sales in… let’s call it agriculture. So I spend a lot of time off paved roads in farm land, still no issues.

No lift either.
I will be driving exact same. Mostly paved roads with occasional off beaten path. Thanks again for all your insigh!

OP
OP
Dan.Bronco

Dan.Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport outer banks
I will be driving exact same. Mostly paved roads with occasional off beaten path. Thanks again for all your insigh!
No problem at all, here is how the tires look at 14264 miles.

Any other things I can help with I’m more than happy to share my experiences.

Awning and sleeping setups are going to be my next project.

Ford Bronco Sport Meet ‘Gruff’ our Shadow Black Outer Banks: Air Design Hood Scoop, Falken Wildpeak AT Trail 235/65/R18, Debadged, Blacked Out C11E76CA-58CD-4454-BD8A-3F5EC052F54F

Ford Bronco Sport Meet ‘Gruff’ our Shadow Black Outer Banks: Air Design Hood Scoop, Falken Wildpeak AT Trail 235/65/R18, Debadged, Blacked Out 1791E85B-9DBD-4DE0-BDA9-6DBDC3BD6860

Spartan007

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Definitely post pics of the awning, I was going to look into one of those as well! Thanks again for the insight, I was bouncing back and forth between the At3s and At trails but feel the At trails might be a better fit

M1Tanker

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

Ford Bronco Sport Meet ‘Gruff’ our Shadow Black Outer Banks: Air Design Hood Scoop, Falken Wildpeak AT Trail 235/65/R18, Debadged, Blacked Out C11E76CA-58CD-4454-BD8A-3F5EC052F54F

Ford Bronco Sport Meet ‘Gruff’ our Shadow Black Outer Banks: Air Design Hood Scoop, Falken Wildpeak AT Trail 235/65/R18, Debadged, Blacked Out 1791E85B-9DBD-4DE0-BDA9-6DBDC3BD6860
Excellent setup! How much height does the new tires add over the stock ones?

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Is the organizer in the back cargo area from Ford ?
I have an organizer from Ford that also has a soft side cooler. It was designed for the Flex, wife has it in her Camry trunk.

OP
OP
Dan.Bronco

Dan.Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport outer banks
Excellent setup! How much height does the new tires add over the stock ones?

I didn’t notice much, the tire shop said I gained an inch from it.

M1Tanker

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks, that's what I needed to know.

Spartan007

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport

Have you had any issues with scratches/swirl marks on the glossy black plastic C-Pillar? Not sure how it happened as I use nothing but soft microfiber towels. Any tips on products to use?

OP
OP
Dan.Bronco

Dan.Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport outer banks
Have you had any issues with scratches/swirl marks on the glossy black plastic C-Pillar? Not sure how it happened as I use nothing but soft microfiber towels. Any tips on products to use?
Yes I have, I got mine a little scuffed up some branches too it seems to be a super sensitive area.

I’ve considered the vinyl protectors from @VortexSigns but I haven’t pulled the trigger yet.
Sponsored