Brader2

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Can anyone recommend a good set of locking lug nuts for my BB? I don’t mind buying directly from Ford but if I can get them cheaper somewhere else with great quality…that’s great too. Thanks.
Sponsored

bowhunter3714

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
My recommendation is, Don't but cheep locking lug nuts. High quality will hold up for years of tire rotations. I had mid priced locking lugs on my 91 f150 and after 2 or 3 years, I don't remember, they had to be cut off. They were warn out. Another side note. Cheep lugs sometimes swell over time and become difficult to remove. This is just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
Brader2

Brader2

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My recommendation is, Don't but cheep locking lug nuts. High quality will hold up for years of tire rotations. I had mid priced locking lugs on my 91 f150 and after 2 or 3 years, I don't remember, they had to be cut off. They were warn out. Another side note. Cheep lugs sometimes swell over time and become difficult to remove. This is just my 2 cents.
Thank you. I’ll go with Ford locking lugs if these are sufficient.

OP
OP
Brader2

Brader2

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

bowhunter3714

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Thank you. I’ll go with Ford locking lugs if these are sufficient.
I don't know who makes Ford Lug nuts but my Fusion began to swell up and the dealership barely got them off. I'd do more research before purchasing them. I'll replace mine once I receive my sport in a couple of months.

kanine

Badlands
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2014 Mustang GT
The link says they do not fit 2021 BS. Is that a mistake on their part? I see they are 12x1.5
I bought them and they fit, they are smaller and fit the BS smaller lug sizes. It was recommended by another BS member to me.

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport Badlands, 2019 VW Golf R
First thing I’ve done is thrown away the locking lug nuts/bolts on any car that’s come standard with them. Inevitably they become a pain in the ass to get off at some point and any thief that wants your wheels is going to get past it anyway.

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
First thing I’ve done is thrown away the locking lug nuts/bolts on any car that’s come standard with them. Inevitably they become a pain in the ass to get off at some point and any thief that wants your wheels is going to get past it anyway.
Any form of "lock" only keeps honest people "honest"! A professional thief is a thief by "profession" and has the tools to ply their trade!
Sponsored

Reactions: MJE