Klakla

Big Bend
First Name
Misio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hi, anybody bought locking fuel plug? I cannot find any locking plug that fits Bronco Sport easy fuel cap less system
Sponsored

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Worried about syphoning? There is an anti-rollover valve , should help with easy gasoline theft. Ppl can still be ass holes and destroy your car to get your gas even if you have a lock on it.

bowhunter3714

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Hi, anybody bought locking fuel plug? I cannot find any locking plug that fits Bronco Sport easy fuel cap less system
I bought mine from Ford for my 2011 f150. They have them for the Fusion. Should be same size for the sport as well.

Michael

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
They tried the Ford locking gas plug today, does not work for 21 Bronco Sport Outerbanks. Now there are reports of criminals drilling holes thru gas tanks near Seattle. I think not having a locking gas cap or plug in the BS is a mistake

Mlarv

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They tried the Ford locking gas plug today, does not work for 21 Bronco Sport Outerbanks. Now there are reports of criminals drilling holes thru gas tanks near Seattle. I think not having a locking gas cap or plug in the BS is a mistake
Most likely just drilling a large hole in the tank and letting it fill a bucket. It is far easier then siphoning out of a tank.

With a cordless drill a half inch bit your tank would be empty in a few minutes or so.

In the old days before cordless everything the locking caps worked. Today they are a placebo. Park in well lite areas with video surveillance would work better then the cap.

she

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru outback
I've just had my Ford BS siphoned twice in the last two weeks(California) Anyone have info about a locking cap avaialble? They didnt bother breaking into the car though(lol)

Thank you

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I've just had my Ford BS siphoned twice in the last two weeks(California) Anyone have info about a locking cap avaialble? They didnt bother breaking into the car though(lol)

Thank you
See other posts about drilling holes in the tank. If they want your gas theyā€™ll get it one way or another. I would rather pay for a few gallons of gas than repairing damage caused by a determined thief. If possible, you might prevent theft by simply parking elsewhere. Closer to a building entrance or window, or under security cameras or light. Another option is to install a dash cam that has a parking mode. These can record a pic every second while parked.

Cyberpony

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco sport

Thank you
There are 2 different types that ford uses.
ā€˜I have one on order for my Ranger,and will report back if it will indeed for the Bronco as well.
https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/bu5z-9c268-a.html

Pigpen

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
Worried about syphoning? There is an anti-rollover valve , should help with easy gasoline theft. Ppl can still be ass holes and destroy your car to get your gas even if you have a lock on it.
Iā€™m more worried about some a-hole pouring a bottle of water, Pepsi, etc. in my tank. Happened to a friend of mine. They found almost a gallon of water in his tank. It had been three days since he bought gas, so he didnā€™t get it at the gas station. If I can find one, Iā€™m buying it.
Sponsored