Lift Kit/Package

First Name
Aaliyah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hi everyone! I have a BB BS and the dealership I got it from has a lifetime power train warranty attached to my car. I really want to lift it.
Has anyone lifted their BS and it hasn’t voided warranty? Not sure if this is a thing to be worried about but I don’t want to lift it and regret it later.

Ford Bronco Sport Lift Kit/Package DDDE554C-FC52-4BC8-9F5B-51D60D279CF5
Sponsored

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
nah, you'll be alright. i honestly don't think that minor of a lift will do any damage. actually just ordered the HRG Engineering 1.5 kit this week, i can't wait to get it.

OP
OP
Stormthebronco
First Name
Aaliyah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
nah, you'll be alright. i honestly don't think that minor of a lift will do any damage. actually just ordered the HRG Engineering 1.5 kit this week, i can't wait to get it.
Thank you ! ?Do you have the link of where you got it? And are you taking it to the dealership for them to do it?

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
OP
OP
Stormthebronco
First Name
Aaliyah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I posted this in response to the same question on another thread:

In general, the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act protects owners from the loss of warranty for the use of aftermarket parts. But it doesn't protect you completely. Ford is under no obligation to warrant the new parts you install (obviously), nor must it honor a claim on other parts that may be damaged or prematurely worn as a result of the modification and/or the installation. For example, let's say you have your lift kit installed and the technician fails to properly secure the brake lines. Then let's say the unsecured brake line gets abraded and fails. Ford will not honor a claim to repair the brake line or any other damage that might occur as a result of the failed brake line--whoever did the installation is liable for that. To avoid this kind of denial you can have your Ford dealership do the installation. It will likely cost more, but then they can't claim the installation was done improperly.

The same goes for damage or premature wear caused by the modification itself. For example, a lift changes the driveline geometry. You are counting on the lift kit designer to ensure the change isn't enough to damage driveline components such as CV joints. If you do experience driveline problems you may have an argument between Ford and the kit supplier as to whether the problems resulted from the suspension modifications.

That said, any parts on the vehicle not associated with the suspension modification will still be covered. That's the protection afforded by the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act

Another consideration is product liability. If you have a roll-over accident resulting from normal traffic maneuvering you may have a good civil case. If you modify the suspension in a way that increases the likelihood of a roll-over accident--such as a lift-kit--then you will likely eliminate any such case.