Ozzy1275

Outer Banks
First Name
Osvaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I bought a lift kit for my bs from rough country it's just a standard 1.5 inch lift. My question is how hard is it to install the lift kit a called my local 4wp store and they quoted me 830 to install which is in my opinion way to much. Im pretty decent with a wrench my only concern is messing something up. On a scale from 1-10 what would you rate the difficulty at?
Sponsored

Adam06

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big bend
I replaced mine that 4wp messed up,(readylift) it was junk. Put the hrg on myself and did it in 2.5 hours. Buy a breaker bar to get tough bolts. I would say it’s about a 4 to install, also not mechanical inclined .

OP
OP

Ozzy1275

Outer Banks
First Name
Osvaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I replaced mine that 4wp messed up,(readylift) it was junk. Put the hrg on myself and did it in 2.5 hours. Buy a breaker bar to get tough bolts. I would say it’s about a 4 to install, also not mechanical inclined .
Perfect I'll definitely will give it a shot this weekend hopefully everything goes smoothly

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
4wp and most other 4x4 shops generally charge more. You may find a local shop that would do it for a lot less.

OP
OP

Ozzy1275

Outer Banks
First Name
Osvaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
4wp and most other 4x4 shops generally charge more. You may find a local shop that would do it for a lot less.
I'll call a few other places I was planning on doing it myself after that quote but it started snowing and I'm not trying to fight the cold for 3 hours

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Has rough country improved their kit? There was a lot of bad feedback when people started putting this kit on… do a forum search

baja_bob

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Is it the lift kit or leveling kit? Is it spacer blocks? Thanks.

OP
OP

Ozzy1275

Outer Banks
First Name
Osvaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Has rough country improved their kit? There was a lot of bad feedback when people started putting this kit on… do a forum search
From what I've read it seems that most of the issue have been fixed since the realse of the kit, I'm also taking other precautions and adding spacer pads (someone on here named Kcur11 sells) to help with any front end noise that might occur.

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
From what I've read it seems that most of the issue have been fixed since the realse of the kit, I'm also taking other precautions and adding spacer pads (someone on here named Kcur11 sells) to help with any front end noise that might occur.
Good to know… if they fixed the issue I’ll start to look at lift kits again but didn’t want to ruin the ride since it’s a daily driver with some freeway runs.

OP
OP

Ozzy1275

Outer Banks
First Name
Osvaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Good to know… if they fixed the issue I’ll start to look at lift kits again but didn’t want to ruin the ride since it’s a daily driver with some freeway runs.
I'll definitely post an update of how it feels once I get it on!

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Treat the installation instructions like a checklist. Read through the entire procedure, beginning to end, before starting. Complete each step in order. After completing a step read it again to make sure you did everything right. Sign off each step--use a pen on the paper--after you are sure you've completed it correctly. Before signing off a step remember that if something is installed incorrectly and causes damage to your car you will have no one to blame but yourself. If you miss a step go back through the entire checklist in order.

OP
OP

Ozzy1275

Outer Banks
First Name
Osvaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Treat the installation instructions like a checklist. Read through the entire procedure, beginning to end, before starting. Complete each step in order. After completing a step read it again to make sure you did everything right. Sign off each step--use a pen on the paper--after you are sure you've completed it correctly. Before signing off a step remember that if something is installed incorrectly and causes damage to your car you will have no one to blame but yourself. If you miss a step go back through the entire checklist in order.
Awesome that's definitely something that I'll do I think that it'll help keep everything organized and make the install easier!

Pmk1710

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I’ve had my RC on for 2k miles. Haven’t had any issues. I had a week before I could get in for re-alignment, so I did some re-tightening and re-torquing the day before alignment, and thus far no issues here.
Instead of waiting spacer pads, I went to Home Depot and got some 1/4 inch steel mesh reinforced rubber washers and that seemed to do the trick.
Sponsored