Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Fours days into ownership and I’ve already managed to F something up lol 🤦🏼‍♂️

I left one of the rear windows partially down last night, and of course it rained. When I woke up this morning a part of one seat was pretty well soaked. I toweled off all the water, and based on an online recommendation I put some absorbent kitty litter crystals in a pantyhose and have that sitting on the seat to soak up more of the moisture.

Anything else you guys would recommend to help ensure all the moisture is absorbed? Do I even need to worry as much as I am about this given the ruggedness of the Bronco? Maybe it will just dry on it’s own and be fine? By the way I have the two-tone leather seats.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I would remove the back seat and make sure you have everything dried off. And allow it dry out completely to make sure you don’t have an odor moving forward. It’s actually pretty easy to remove.
Ford Bronco Sport Left Window Open - Wet Seat - Help! 743A2D0D-9312-4E3F-8221-B6D2E7C15DF6

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
  • park in sunlight with windows slightly cracked
  • extension cord & fan to circulate air
Its like bumping your head and losing your memory. Just bump it again and all fixed.. so cracked window was problem in first place.. so lets just crack it again to fix 🤣

OP
OP
johnnyoknows

johnnyoknows

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I would remove the back seat and make sure you have everything dried off. And allow it dry out completely to make sure you don’t have an odor moving forward. It’s actually pretty easy to remove.
Ford Bronco Sport Left Window Open - Wet Seat - Help! 743A2D0D-9312-4E3F-8221-B6D2E7C15DF6
Thanks for the suggestion. I see a thread about removing the rear seats on here, but it doesn’t apply to the seats with the hidden storage compartment which mine has. Do you have any links to a how-to on this by chance?

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks for the suggestion. I see a thread about removing the rear seats on here, but it doesn’t apply to the seats with the hidden storage compartment which mine has. Do you have any links to a how-to on this by chance?
Seat should remove just the same, as the storage is inside of the seat not under it. That’s how the dealer can offer to upgrade those without the storage.
Ford Bronco Sport Left Window Open - Wet Seat - Help! B919A874-C329-4A11-B5D7-1EBFCE42677E

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Remove the seat base. Put out in sun. Leave both back doors open, pull floor mats and let sit open in heat. Should dry out in a few hours

OP
OP
johnnyoknows

johnnyoknows

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks so much @GulfCoastBronco and everyone else for the quick replies! Sure enough the backseats pulled right out with a little muscle. I’ve got them in the garage with a fan blowing on them. Unfortunately it’s still rainy/overcast here so I don’t have any sunshine to help expedite the process.
Ford Bronco Sport Left Window Open - Wet Seat - Help! A55B7683-4753-41CA-A058-322FC8CBDC51

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Thanks so much @GulfCoastBronco and everyone else for the quick replies! Sure enough the backseats pulled right out with a little muscle. I’ve got them in the garage with a fan blowing on them. Unfortunately it’s still rainy/overcast here so I don’t have any sunshine to help expedite the process.
Ford Bronco Sport Left Window Open - Wet Seat - Help! A55B7683-4753-41CA-A058-322FC8CBDC51
I'd also try to fan the backside, likely where a lot of the water soaked in.
Sponsored