Leather vs. Cloth Seat Comfort?

JEspey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
The first test drive my wife and I took was the OB. Our first impression was that the engine felt a little “tinny” and the leather seats were uncomfortable. We were disappointed. The dealer had a BL, but they had larger tires and a slightly lifted suspension (and a much higher price accordingly). We sat in the cloth seats and thought they were much more comfortable than the leather OB seats.

A few weeks later found a BL on another dealers lot, and on our test drive fell in love with it. I’m not sure whether it was the larger engine, different suspension, or the cloth seats, or perhaps it was just the combination of the three, but we felt much more comfortable overall.

After 12,000 miles and a few 500 mile trips, we are still in love with the comfort.
Sponsored

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I believe the cloth seats in the BL is different then the lower trims; I could be wrong. But compared to the leather seats I had in my test drive I prefer the cloth.

JEspey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I believe the cloth seats in the BL is different then the lower trims; I could be wrong. But compared to the leather seats I had in my test drive I prefer the cloth.
I also had heard that the cloth seats in the BL were different than the other trims. And I’m not sure if the leather in the BLBL might be different than the leather in the OB

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I also had heard that the cloth seats in the BL were different than the other trims. And I’m not sure if the leather in the BLBL might be different than the leather in the OB
The material is definitely different in the Badlands cloth.

Which is really an upgraded type of material Imo

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
The material is definitely different in the Badlands cloth.

Which is really an upgraded type of material Imo
I really like the cloth BL seats. It's similar material to the cloth in our '12 Focus Titanium, which after nearly 130,000 miles were in excellent condition. I think those were the best seats I've ever had in a vehicle, both comfort and durability.

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
I have cloth seats in mine. I love them so far. A little short on thy support but that keeps me from slouching and my four flat on for.

Badlands cloth is different . I’ve had leather in my last 10 vehicles.

they‘re a blend of strange material like a suede synthetic leather with rugged cloth/neoprene….yeah. That’s what they are.

what exactly is the material? Anyone really know?

Last edited:

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
1 year-Badlands with cloth. I'm 6' 240" and came from leather on a dodge Challenger....the cloth are equally as comfortable if not more comfortable so far as I'm concerned.
Sponsored