LEAK OIL, BIG PROBLEM!

Raff Catalan

First Name
Raff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Wildtrak
My Ford Bronco is just over 300km and less than 30 days of use, I still haven't used its full power buuut... Looking at my garage I saw a leak on the floor and soon investigated. I activated Ford (here in Brazil) and on the same day I was assisted.

Different from what it looks like in the photo, the leak is (as we call it here) in the retainer that connects the rear wheel axle to this kind of gearbox, not in this gasket.

They are going to change the seal and have already informed Ford International about what happened, the mechanics were very scared because the amount of oil inside this box is low.

I update you on the news...

Has anyone gone through this?

Ford Bronco Sport LEAK OIL, BIG PROBLEM! 20210729_085915

Ford Bronco Sport LEAK OIL, BIG PROBLEM! 20210801_132025

Ford Bronco Sport LEAK OIL, BIG PROBLEM! 20210801_132038
Sponsored

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
My Ford Bronco is just over 300km and less than 30 days of use, I still haven't used its full power buuut... Looking at my garage I saw a leak on the floor and soon investigated. I activated Ford (here in Brazil) and on the same day I was assisted.

Different from what it looks like in the photo, the leak is (as we call it here) in the retainer that connects the rear wheel axle to this kind of gearbox, not in this gasket.

They are going to change the seal and have already informed Ford International about what happened, the mechanics were very scared because the amount of oil inside this box is low.

I update you on the news...

Has anyone gone through this?

Ford Bronco Sport LEAK OIL, BIG PROBLEM! 20210729_085915

Ford Bronco Sport LEAK OIL, BIG PROBLEM! 20210801_132025

Ford Bronco Sport LEAK OIL, BIG PROBLEM! 20210801_132038
???
Hopefully its an easy fix and not a whole list of issues ?

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
i just went to check. no leaks here. i hope you have an easy fix with no issues.

OP
OP
Raff Catalan

Raff Catalan

First Name
Raff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Wildtrak
News, 2 big problems!!!

1. The result of the leak even with low mileage, only 400km and without using rear wheel drive specifically in 4x4 modes, caused the wear of the rear transfer box which will have to be replaced with a new one. the leak was detected immediately the car did not travel more than 30km after that... Shit!!!

2. There was a noise in the steering wheel and I thought it would be some plastic finish or lack of lubrication but they checked and found a defect in the steering column that will also have to be replaced.

I think I was unlucky, kkk.

Last edited:

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
News, 2 big problems!!!

The result of the leak even with low mileage, only 400km and without using rear wheel drive specifically in 4x4 modes, caused the wear of the rear transfer box which will have to be replaced with a new one. the leak was detected immediately the car did not travel more than 30km after that... Shit!!!

There was a noise in the steering wheel and I thought it would be some plastic finish or lack of lubrication but they checked and found a defect in the steering column that will also have to be replaced.

I think I was unlucky, kkk.
Or lucky it was caught and corrected. Yeah kind of a big.deal but of that's it...fix and fly!

OP
OP
Raff Catalan

Raff Catalan

First Name
Raff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Wildtrak
Or lucky it was caught and corrected. Yeah kind of a big.deal but of that's it...fix and fly!
Your vision about problem is better. Thank You. Send good vibrations for me.

OP
OP
Raff Catalan

Raff Catalan

First Name
Raff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Wildtrak
Ford solved my problem, as I said before, the leak happened due to a failure in the right rear wheel axle retainer and the transmission box was left with a lower amount of oil for 15km and was damaged in millimeters, since only 200ml of oil are needed in that box.

As a guarantee, Ford replaced the entire rear transmission system and made an international announcement about such...

Here in Brazil we call it a seal, the rubber that is between the shaft and the transmission box to prevent oil leakage and allow flexibility between the parts...
Sponsored