Lane assist- button

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Just starting this thread for anyone that may be curious or as dumb as myself.

to have this option activated, turn it on in your screen driver assist settings.

then push the button on the side of blinker switch.

i had read somethings on this forum that it takes some time for it to “activate “ after learning. I was waiting for it to activate after turning it on the screen, but then found the button on the blinker switch!
Sponsored

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

to have this option activated, turn it on in your screen driver assist settings.

i had read somethings on this forum that it takes some time for it to “activate “ after learning. I was waiting for it to activate after turning it on the screen, but then found the button on the blinker switch!
I honestly haven’t played with it yet. I’m more interested in the assisted braking to avoid a collision. Haven’t seen it kick in yet, just hesitant to drive into something lol.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I honestly haven’t played with it yet. I’m more interested in the assisted braking to avoid a collision. Haven’t seen it kick in yet, just hesitant to drive into something lol.
It works. Mine activated because I was getting too close to a guy taking him time making a left hand turn. I wasn’t going to bump his butt, but it was cool to see the BS was watching over my shoulder.
The other fun button is the one that keeps you a set distance from the car in front of you while on cruise control. Took me a while to understand what the dash was telling me as I pressed the button. It shows the rear of a BS getting closer or further as you press the button. (I tested this and it works no matter what make car you are following :sunglasses: ).

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I tried the lane assist for around 3 miles or so on city streets at 45 MPH and hated it, so I guess I'm done with it.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tried the lane assist for around 3 miles or so on city streets at 45 MPH and hated it, so I guess I'm done with it.
The lane assist assist, lane keeping and vehicle following are all meant for highway driving and fun to play with on marked county roads. I can’t imagine using them on city streets.

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
The lane assist assist, lane keeping and vehicle following are all meant for highway driving and fun to play with on marked county roads. I can’t imagine using them on city streets.
Not good on cuvy road either. It feels like someone is fighting you. I leave the alert on for entertainment sake but no longer use the assist. If you play a lttle chicken and take your hands off the wheel to see if it really will keep you between the lines on a straight road you’ll get a warning screen to put your hands back on!

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
… If you play a lttle chicken and take your hands off the wheel to see if it really will keep you between the lines on a straight road you’ll get a warning screen to put your hands back on!
Thats part of the curvy road fun-pack! :) Let the BS drive itself but make it think you’re paying attention.:sunglasses:

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport

So I have to turn it on using the touch screen?

Kraken

Base
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
The roads around here are terrible with poorly painted lines, it doesn't even recognize them most of the time :confused:

Outback Texan

Badlands
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
The "lane assist" on my wife's 2022 Hyundai Tuscan Hybrid is vastly superior to my Bronco Sport Badlands. You can easily let go of her wheel and the car will stay right between the lines with only slight and barely negligible corrections, even around curves. It's practically self driving. I have tried this with my Bronco and it goes too far to one side then jerks quickly back the other way, and so on. Either Hyundai's tech is much better, or Ford just chose not to use their best hardware and software on the Bronco Sport. This does not bother me because I just want a little nudge back to my lane if I get too close to the edge.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The "lane assist" on my wife's 2022 Hyundai Tuscan Hybrid is vastly superior to my Bronco Sport Badlands. You can easily let go of her wheel and the car will stay right between the lines with only slight and barely negligible corrections, even around curves. It's practically self driving. I have tried this with my Bronco and it goes too far to one side then jerks quickly back the other way, and so on. Either Hyundai's tech is much better, or Ford just chose not to use their best hardware and software on the Bronco Sport. This does not bother me because I just want a little nudge back to my lane if I get too close to the edge.
Do you have 360+? If I put it on cruise it does drive itself even on really curved roads. On the highway I just let it do its thing. Off cruise I think it’s just supposed to be an itch and nudge the wheel.

Outback Texan

Badlands
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
No. I do not have 360+, so that likely explains the big difference between my BS BL and my wife's car. Thanks
Sponsored