K&N intake?

TheDude

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2019 Mustang GT
No way! K&N says 16 more hp. Are you suggesting it's marketing dept might be embellishing? I think they would say they are just giving the truth a bit of scope.
LOL @ 16 more hp. Read any of the fine print or see how they actually come up with those numbers. No tune good luck getting anything close to that in the real world or on a dyno . It's just like in the Mustang world. See it all of the time. Get a cai without a tune then people wonder why it ends up nothing but eye candy.
Sponsored

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I hear ya but I would be super embarrassed if I got caught drag racing a three banger.
The image in my head is two boys on tricycle’s pedaling their asses off.
Sorry, I just miss my Cutlass Olds 442 and my Chevelle.
You mean Model T?

TheDude

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2019 Mustang GT
Hmmm. So what's your position on catch cans?
Since the 1.5's are port and direct injection and already has an oil seperator they aren't needed, but it doesn't hurt if one wants one. Direct injection and turbo they dont hurt at all. They do collect oil. I always run them on my 5.0 Mustang's just like the local Mustang shop and put one on the Sport just because of curiosity on how much would end up in it. Will I keep it on long term on the Sport? Doubt it. Oil catch cans will always be one of those debatable things. They are more useful for track use or racing, but that's not going to happen with Bronco's.

Kenneth B.

Big Bend
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport.
IN the process of returning a K&N CAI Kit, NO improvement in performance or mileage and on top of that you get a grinding noise every time you step on the gas. Not worth the $400 they are asking. NOT RECOMMENDED !!
Sponsored