BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Jeep has marketing and licensing agreements plus an app for their Badge of Honor trails. Ford doesn't.

If you do any of Overland Trail Guide's routes, you can, on the honor system, buy their badges here. I did the Joshua Tree Adventure loop and eventually I'll get around to picking up the badge/sticker. https://www.overlandtrailguides.com/shop

OP
OP
GoodRookin'

GoodRookin'

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Area 51
Jeep has marketing and licensing agreements plus an app for their Badge of Honor trails. Ford doesn't.

If you do any of Overland Trail Guide's routes, you can, on the honor system, buy their badges here. I did the Joshua Tree Adventure loop and eventually I'll get around to picking up the badge/sticker. https://www.overlandtrailguides.com/shop
Thanks for the info!!

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Exactly!! Should be a "thing", right?
Stellantis, or at least the Chrysler portion, always seems to have slick marketing targeted at their market. I wonder if they have their version of an off rodeo too.

BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Stellantis, or at least the Chrysler portion, always seems to have slick marketing targeted at their market. I wonder if they have their version of an off rodeo too.
Yep- Jeep Jamboree and it's been going on for decades. There's also the Easter Safari in Moab where they roll out the cool concept Jeeps for the enthusiasts to get up close and personal views.

FoMoCo abandoned the off road market to Jeep a long, long time ago and although they're doing a good job with the Rodeos they have a ton of catch up to do.

CoryB20

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Yep- Jeep Jamboree and it's been going on for decades. There's also the Easter Safari in Moab where they roll out the cool concept Jeeps for the enthusiasts to get up close and personal views.
Long-time Jeep owner here - Jeep does not put on either the Jeep Jamboree or Easter Jeep Safari - they are both owned by independent companies that work with Jeep.

Long ago (until the mid 00's), Jeep Corporate put on Camp Jeep, but those ended with the Chrysler/Fiat merger. It was somewhat similar to Off-Roadeo but it was a 3-day event and participants could sign up for multiple trail rides, along with all manner of Jeep immersion activities throughout the Camp. They also had a dynamite concert and unbelievable fireworks display on the final night - all for a single admission charge ($495 per Jeep IIRC, no additional charge for passengers - limited only by the number of seatbelts.) I was a Camp Jeep Trail Guide from 1999-2005.

I haven't been to an Off-Roadeo yet (we currently own both a Bronco and a Bronco Sport Badlands) but in reading about them, Ford has a loooong way to go to compete with what Jeep offered.

BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I knew Jamboree was not owned by Jeep, but officially sponsored. I always thought that because they pull out all the stops with the concepts for Easter that Jeep was the owner of the event. Thanks for the info.

We do plan on doing the Rodeo in NH some time this year. Hopefully they'll release the schedules soon so we can start planning the road trip.