Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
My plan was to keep and pay off my BS and then get a Ranger or A Big Bronco and a small trailer. But that’s just too much money for me.
New plan, pay off my BS and get the AWD Maverick. Wont Need a trailer and I’ll save a ton of money.
Sponsored

tifpwg

Outer Banks
First Name
Tif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Not me. I thought about it originally, but I think I’m staying away. My OB does everything I need and more. I’ve also added to it a bit…
Ford Bronco Sport Is the Honeymoon over already? DB992337-12F4-4F6A-B7DB-8D4F7A6010AE
Looks like you put on some nice rims and tires! What kind are they?

NJBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Had my 2021 Area 51 BS BL with ebony/roast seating since mid December and put ~ 2600km on it so far.
YET, starting to feel like the honeymoon is over already. Looking around at full size Broncos as a replacement for a few reasons: 1) more interior space, 2) bigger cargo area, 3) more towing capacity (which provides more options), and, 4) bigger engine(s).

Anyone else felt this way? I've seen a few on here that already have made the move.

Here's my BS BL window sticker details:

Ford Bronco Sport Is the Honeymoon over already? Bronco Window Sticker 1

Ford Bronco Sport Is the Honeymoon over already? Bronco Window Sticker 2

Thinking of a full size Outer Banks replacement.
I added an extra 3 yr warranty as well for a total of 6yr, 120000km full coverage.
Any thoughts from those who have made the move? Were your expectations met, or, was there disappointment?
Sounds like you knew your 4 needs going into the BS. Must have vs nice to have should always guide you to your decisions. Once you make that decision, avoid reversing it with nice to have. I love the big Bronco too like many of us but that is nice to have. Best wishes and your BL is very nice too :)

Reactions: MJE

Justin

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend + BB
I mean, I think it's pretty obvious what the Bronco Sport can and cannot do. Ford never hid anything from us, the capabilities are clearly far lower than that of the Bronco or a truck.

If you knew that you'd want to tow, why'd you even go with this vehicle in the first place? Seems like you got super misguided somewhere along the line. Sucks, man!

I keep saying this, but I came from a heavily modified (compared to most trucks) 2017 F150 5.0 and haven't found a single thing I dislike about the Bronco Sport so far - but I came into it with an understanding of exactly what the Sport could and could not do.

B-rad

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
...the capabilities are clearly far lower than that of the Bronco or a truck.
I've personally never been through stuff like I've taken my BS Badlands through with as much ease or without getting stuck. And I'm still running the factory rims and tires. As someone noted above, it's unique what Ford did with the BS Badlands drivetrain on a little vehicle. It's like a hybrid between a real Bronco and a Kubota 4X4, but with a ton of technology. And with Alpha rims, KO2 Tires from BF, and a 1.5” lift kit (envy of JCOB), I'm not sure what this thing couldn't drive over or through? I think you're looking at a monster truck to do a lot more, not merely a Bronco II or a Jeep Wrangler.

But agree that to buy one thinking to tow much more than a motorcycle missed the point of a BS. I haven't bothered to put a hitch on for that very reason. But I did take a 3,000 mile road trip over the holidays with a Thule camper shell on top, and it was an awesome trip. I'll close the thought stating I've never had a vehicle that could handle highways and off-road equally well. The BS is no BS!

MyKindOfBS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Really happy with mine. From an economics point of view I feel like I have all the bells and whistles in the Badlands and just adding some mods without spending 30-40k more on the Bronco to get the same things. As well, not a huge fan of the soft top as I lived that life already with convertibles and Jeeps. Also wanted something practical and good for trips without spending a gazillion dollars at the pump. If the Bronco goes Hybrid or EV, I would consider that in the future.
Sponsored