JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
I watched a YouTube on how to diy plastidip lettering on a Land Rover. Is it really this easy? And is it durable enough? I think I agree with folks ( of course I haven’t seen my car yet). Here’s the link:
Sponsored

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I watched a YouTube on how to diy plastidip lettering on a Land Rover. Is it really this easy? And is it durable enough? I think I agree with folks ( of course I haven’t seen my car yet). Here’s the link:
yes its fairly simple. ive done it on my bronco sport and my previous car as well. just make sure you spray enough / adequate layers so when you peel, it comes off in nice big pieces adn your corners will be sharper. its durable, in the sense that you wont be picking at it everyday or harshly scraping metal on it. itll withstand car washes, weather changes all year round, just depends if you sprayed the coats well enough.

best bang for your buck here when trying to black out your emblems.

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I love it! I think that looks so nice - I can’t wait to do mine like that too. How long did the whole process take you?
thank you! from start to finish maybe 3 hours. but most of it is just waiting for each cost to dry. taping / setup takes about 7 minutes, did about 6 coats, waited about 20 min between each coat (make sure to get all the nooks and crannies tho), then about 10-15min peeling off the excess plastidip.

drying times depend on temp / humidity

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
thank you! from start to finish maybe 3 hours. but most of it is just waiting for each cost to dry. taping / setup takes about 7 minutes, did about 6 coats, waited about 20 min between each coat (make sure to get all the nooks and crannies tho), then about 10-15min peeling off the excess plastidip.

drying times depend on temp / humidity
And there goes my next free weekend LOL - but that looks amazing.

sullivan.mary0228

Badlands
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Hey, can you guys make a flat black overlay decal for the Ford logo on the bronco sport? I’d buy that in a heartbeat.

Ford Bronco Sport I hate the white letters! C101DCAD-3585-435A-B1AD-DE2AFA4523B7

Ford Bronco Sport I hate the white letters! 8D995BB2-DEA8-41FC-80EA-884B1DC8FCA3
I second this! I just ordered a vinyl covering for mine for now. But i'm hoping someone will start coming out with this type of stuff soon!